Woman in 80s dies after A140 crash
- Credit: Google Street View
A woman in her 80s has died following a collision which saw a car mount a roundabout and overturn on the A140.
Emergency services were called at around 11.25am on Tuesday (December 15) after the vehicle crashed and came to rest in a ditch at Dickleburgh, near Diss.
The car, a blue Vauxhall Corsa, had flipped over after mounting the roundabout adjoining Norwich Road and Ipswich Road.
Police have now confirmed that the driver, a woman in her 80s from the local area, was pronounced dead at the scene.
On Tuesday, the A140's Norwich-bound carriageway was closed for several hours between the roundabout at Scole and the junction with Norwich Road while investigations were carried out.
Officers are now appealing for witnesses and are keen to hear from anyone with dashcam footage which could assist police in their enquiries.
Anyone with relevant information should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 or email SCIU@norfolk.pnn.police.uk.
- 1 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 2 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 3 'Stay indoors' warning amid flooding fears for Norfolk roads
- 4 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 7 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 8 'Exceptional demand' as thousands in Norfolk seek coronavirus hardship fund help
- 9 Revenue tops £710m at specialist tech company
- 10 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'