Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- Credit: Google Maps
A woman is in hospital with life-threatening injuries after a serious crash on the A143 in west Suffolk.
The incident happened at about 10.20pm on Tuesday, May 24 on the A143, near Cutter's Lane in Ixworth, near Bury St Edmunds.
A car travelling towards Bury St Edmunds was overtaking a lorry when it was involved in collision with another car travelling in the opposite direction.
Police, fire and the ambulance service all attended the scene.
The crash involved a white BMW 3 series and a white Toyota Aygo.
The driver of the Toyota, a woman in her 20s, was taken to West Suffolk Hospital with injuries that were not initially thought to be serious, but are now considered to be life-threatening.
The driver and passengers of the BMW also attended hospital as a precaution.
- 1 Man in court over hundreds of indecent images of children
- 2 Overcrowding fears sees council oppose town's affordable housing plans
- 3 Church school becomes latest to join growing academy trust
- 4 50-mile diversion in place as A140 set to close to repair damaged road
- 5 Contact tracing scammers return as Covid rates rise
- 6 Fresh plans for controversial waste plant revealed
- 7 Nissen hut conversion approved despite holiday home noise concerns
- 8 Train evacuated after hitting horse on Norwich to Diss line
- 9 Iconic Suffolk Punch foal born - and you can name her
- 10 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
Road closures were put in place while an investigation took place.
Police are now appealing for any witnesses to the collision to come forward, along with anyone driving in the area prior to the incident who has a dashcam in their vehicle.
Officers would particularly like to trace the driver of the lorry who may be able to assist with the investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team, quoting reference CAD 398 of May 24.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Suffolk traffic map.
Join our Suffolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Suffolk.