Train delays continue
David BaleDelays and cancellations on trains between London, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk will continue into the afternoon, the rail operator said.David Bale
Delays and cancellations on trains between London, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk will continue into the afternoon, the rail operator said.
Network Rail engineering works in the London Liverpool Street area overran, and trains had to terminate at Stratford causing travel problems to commuters returning after the Christmas holiday.
National Express East Anglia said the overrun meant some trains were out of position. Network Rail has apologised to travellers for the inconvenience.
A spokesman for National Express East Anglia said: 'Services are gradually getting back to normal and we anticipate running to timetable by the early afternoon.'
You may also want to watch:
Network Rail was carrying out engineering works during the Christmas break in the London Liverpool Street area.
A spokesman said: 'During testing a problem was discovered which prevented us handing over the lines to the operators on time.
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 6 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 7 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 8 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
'However, we were able to get services running by 7am and we apologise to any travellers who may have been affected.
'We assure them they will be able to travel by train now as all the lines are open.'