Train delays continue
David BaleDelays and cancellations on trains between London, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk will continue into the afternoon, the rail operator said.David Bale
Delays and cancellations on trains between London, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk will continue into the afternoon, the rail operator said.
Network Rail engineering works in the London Liverpool Street area overran, and trains had to terminate at Stratford causing travel problems to commuters returning after the Christmas holiday.
National Express East Anglia said the overrun meant some trains were out of position. Network Rail has apologised to travellers for the inconvenience.
A spokesman for National Express East Anglia said: 'Services are gradually getting back to normal and we anticipate running to timetable by the early afternoon.'
You may also want to watch:
Network Rail was carrying out engineering works during the Christmas break in the London Liverpool Street area.
A spokesman said: 'During testing a problem was discovered which prevented us handing over the lines to the operators on time.
- 1 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 2 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 3 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 4 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 5 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 6 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 9 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 10 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
'However, we were able to get services running by 7am and we apologise to any travellers who may have been affected.
'We assure them they will be able to travel by train now as all the lines are open.'