Train delays continue
David BaleDelays and cancellations on trains between London, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk will continue into the afternoon, the rail operator said.David Bale
Delays and cancellations on trains between London, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk will continue into the afternoon, the rail operator said.
Network Rail engineering works in the London Liverpool Street area overran, and trains had to terminate at Stratford causing travel problems to commuters returning after the Christmas holiday.
National Express East Anglia said the overrun meant some trains were out of position. Network Rail has apologised to travellers for the inconvenience.
A spokesman for National Express East Anglia said: 'Services are gradually getting back to normal and we anticipate running to timetable by the early afternoon.'
Network Rail was carrying out engineering works during the Christmas break in the London Liverpool Street area.
A spokesman said: 'During testing a problem was discovered which prevented us handing over the lines to the operators on time.
- 1 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 2 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 3 Road cleared after severe delays in Diss following vehicle breakdown
- 4 Street food, live music and fireworks planned for Diss Jubilee celebrations
- 5 Rare 19th century painting discovered in Norfolk home could fetch £50k
- 6 Man admits arsons which killed 50 pigs and caused £680k of damage
- 7 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 8 New vintage gift and homeware shop opens in historic building
- 9 Dad's poignant fundraiser in memory of 'brave' son, 15
- 10 VOTE NOW: Have your say on Norfolk's best fish and chips
'However, we were able to get services running by 7am and we apologise to any travellers who may have been affected.
'We assure them they will be able to travel by train now as all the lines are open.'