Train delays continue
David BaleDelays and cancellations on trains between London, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk will continue into the afternoon, the rail operator said.David Bale
Delays and cancellations on trains between London, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk will continue into the afternoon, the rail operator said.
Network Rail engineering works in the London Liverpool Street area overran, and trains had to terminate at Stratford causing travel problems to commuters returning after the Christmas holiday.
National Express East Anglia said the overrun meant some trains were out of position. Network Rail has apologised to travellers for the inconvenience.
A spokesman for National Express East Anglia said: 'Services are gradually getting back to normal and we anticipate running to timetable by the early afternoon.'
You may also want to watch:
Network Rail was carrying out engineering works during the Christmas break in the London Liverpool Street area.
A spokesman said: 'During testing a problem was discovered which prevented us handing over the lines to the operators on time.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 'Power of the high vis jacket' - Out with town's Covid watchdogs
- 3 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 4 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 5 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 6 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 7 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 8 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 9 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 10 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
'However, we were able to get services running by 7am and we apologise to any travellers who may have been affected.
'We assure them they will be able to travel by train now as all the lines are open.'