Two GPs suspended in Harleston
An investigation has been launched after two doctors were suspended from a south Norfolk medical practice.Health chiefs today confirmed that two GPs from the Harleston Medical Practice had been suspended, but declined to reveal the reasons for their enforced leave.
An investigation has been launched after two doctors were suspended from a south Norfolk medical practice.
Health chiefs today confirmed that two GPs from the Harleston Medical Practice had been suspended, but declined to reveal the reasons for their enforced leave.
Officials from NHS Norfolk said the level of care at the practice, which has surgeries in Paddock Road and Bullock Fair, would not be affected by the investigation.
Bryan Heap, medical director of NHS Norfolk, confirmed that one GP has been suspended by NHS Norfolk and a second had been suspended by the Harleston Medical Practice.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'The two cases are totally unrelated although NHS Norfolk is continuing to investigate both.'
'The service at Harleston Medical Practice is unaffected. Locum doctors have been drafted in to ensure the level of care is maintained, although patients might not be able to see their usual doctor for the time being.'
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 10 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
Harleston Medical Practice has a total of six GPs, but NHS Norfolk and the practice have declined to name the two suspended GPs.
Managers at the practice refused to comment today .