Two GPs suspended in Harleston
An investigation has been launched after two doctors were suspended from a south Norfolk medical practice.Health chiefs today confirmed that two GPs from the Harleston Medical Practice had been suspended, but declined to reveal the reasons for their enforced leave.
An investigation has been launched after two doctors were suspended from a south Norfolk medical practice.
Health chiefs today confirmed that two GPs from the Harleston Medical Practice had been suspended, but declined to reveal the reasons for their enforced leave.
Officials from NHS Norfolk said the level of care at the practice, which has surgeries in Paddock Road and Bullock Fair, would not be affected by the investigation.
Bryan Heap, medical director of NHS Norfolk, confirmed that one GP has been suspended by NHS Norfolk and a second had been suspended by the Harleston Medical Practice.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'The two cases are totally unrelated although NHS Norfolk is continuing to investigate both.'
'The service at Harleston Medical Practice is unaffected. Locum doctors have been drafted in to ensure the level of care is maintained, although patients might not be able to see their usual doctor for the time being.'
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 5 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 10 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
Harleston Medical Practice has a total of six GPs, but NHS Norfolk and the practice have declined to name the two suspended GPs.
Managers at the practice refused to comment today .