Two GPs suspended in Harleston
An investigation has been launched after two doctors were suspended from a south Norfolk medical practice.Health chiefs today confirmed that two GPs from the Harleston Medical Practice had been suspended, but declined to reveal the reasons for their enforced leave.
An investigation has been launched after two doctors were suspended from a south Norfolk medical practice.
Health chiefs today confirmed that two GPs from the Harleston Medical Practice had been suspended, but declined to reveal the reasons for their enforced leave.
Officials from NHS Norfolk said the level of care at the practice, which has surgeries in Paddock Road and Bullock Fair, would not be affected by the investigation.
Bryan Heap, medical director of NHS Norfolk, confirmed that one GP has been suspended by NHS Norfolk and a second had been suspended by the Harleston Medical Practice.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'The two cases are totally unrelated although NHS Norfolk is continuing to investigate both.'
'The service at Harleston Medical Practice is unaffected. Locum doctors have been drafted in to ensure the level of care is maintained, although patients might not be able to see their usual doctor for the time being.'
- 1 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 2 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 3 New head unveiled at high school with 'so much potential'
- 4 How will exam grades and primary school tests work this summer?
- 5 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 6 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 7 Cash For Charities: Win a share of £20,000 for your favourite good cause
- 8 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 9 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 10 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
Harleston Medical Practice has a total of six GPs, but NHS Norfolk and the practice have declined to name the two suspended GPs.
Managers at the practice refused to comment today .