Two GPs suspended in Harleston
An investigation has been launched after two doctors were suspended from a south Norfolk medical practice.Health chiefs today confirmed that two GPs from the Harleston Medical Practice had been suspended, but declined to reveal the reasons for their enforced leave.
An investigation has been launched after two doctors were suspended from a south Norfolk medical practice.
Health chiefs today confirmed that two GPs from the Harleston Medical Practice had been suspended, but declined to reveal the reasons for their enforced leave.
Officials from NHS Norfolk said the level of care at the practice, which has surgeries in Paddock Road and Bullock Fair, would not be affected by the investigation.
Bryan Heap, medical director of NHS Norfolk, confirmed that one GP has been suspended by NHS Norfolk and a second had been suspended by the Harleston Medical Practice.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'The two cases are totally unrelated although NHS Norfolk is continuing to investigate both.'
'The service at Harleston Medical Practice is unaffected. Locum doctors have been drafted in to ensure the level of care is maintained, although patients might not be able to see their usual doctor for the time being.'
- 1 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 2 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 3 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards
- 4 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 5 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 6 Last chance to recognise our social care heroes at the Norfolk Care Awards 2021
- 7 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
- 8 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 9 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 10 Air ambulance to fly with 'vital' life saving blood every mission
Harleston Medical Practice has a total of six GPs, but NHS Norfolk and the practice have declined to name the two suspended GPs.
Managers at the practice refused to comment today .