Two drivers charged with seven offences in one night
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Police have charged one man with failing to stop after a crash, and another man with dangerous and drink driving on the same night.
Police were called to Lows Lane shortly after 11pm on Saturday, December 8 following a collision between an Audi A3 and a Peugeot Partner van, at Denmark Bridge near Palgrave.
The Peugeot driver fled, but was arrested by officers the following day. Michael Saxton, 35, of Mellis Road in Yaxley, was charged with failing to stop, failing to provide a roadside breath test and obstruction of police.
A second incident happened in Upper Rose Lane in Palgrave, when a black Renault Clio was driven away from police at 10.30pm.
The car was found a short time later in Wortham in Suffolk. Rhys Woodrow, 25, of Willbye Avenue, Diss, was charged with dangerous driving, driving without a licence, driving without insurance and drink driving.
Both were bailed to appear at Norwich Magistrates on January 8.
- 1 Car flips over in crash near south Norfolk village
- 2 Norfolk hair salon named best in region at national awards
- 3 Frustration as vulnerable people in Norfolk left waiting for Covid boosters
- 4 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 5 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers
- 6 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 7 Norfolk hot honey sauce 'going out in pallet fulls' across the UK
- 8 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 9 Approval granted for 69 new homes in Suffolk village
- 10 Heavy rain forecast for the rest of the week in Norfolk but snow unlikely