Two drivers charged with seven offences in one night
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Police have charged one man with failing to stop after a crash, and another man with dangerous and drink driving on the same night.
Police were called to Lows Lane shortly after 11pm on Saturday, December 8 following a collision between an Audi A3 and a Peugeot Partner van, at Denmark Bridge near Palgrave.
The Peugeot driver fled, but was arrested by officers the following day. Michael Saxton, 35, of Mellis Road in Yaxley, was charged with failing to stop, failing to provide a roadside breath test and obstruction of police.
A second incident happened in Upper Rose Lane in Palgrave, when a black Renault Clio was driven away from police at 10.30pm.
The car was found a short time later in Wortham in Suffolk. Rhys Woodrow, 25, of Willbye Avenue, Diss, was charged with dangerous driving, driving without a licence, driving without insurance and drink driving.
You may also want to watch:
Both were bailed to appear at Norwich Magistrates on January 8.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 3 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Are we on the verge of a post-Covid mental health crisis?
- 6 Mental health boss cleared of lying during inquest
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 9 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 10 Norfolk's police deal with sharp rise in mental health-related callouts