Two drivers charged with seven offences in one night
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Police have charged one man with failing to stop after a crash, and another man with dangerous and drink driving on the same night.
Police were called to Lows Lane shortly after 11pm on Saturday, December 8 following a collision between an Audi A3 and a Peugeot Partner van, at Denmark Bridge near Palgrave.
The Peugeot driver fled, but was arrested by officers the following day. Michael Saxton, 35, of Mellis Road in Yaxley, was charged with failing to stop, failing to provide a roadside breath test and obstruction of police.
A second incident happened in Upper Rose Lane in Palgrave, when a black Renault Clio was driven away from police at 10.30pm.
The car was found a short time later in Wortham in Suffolk. Rhys Woodrow, 25, of Willbye Avenue, Diss, was charged with dangerous driving, driving without a licence, driving without insurance and drink driving.
You may also want to watch:
Both were bailed to appear at Norwich Magistrates on January 8.
- 1 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 2 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 3 New head unveiled at high school with 'so much potential'
- 4 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 5 How will exam grades and primary school tests work this summer?
- 6 Cash For Charities: Win a share of £20,000 for your favourite good cause
- 7 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 8 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 9 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 10 Water safety campaign launched ahead of summer of staycations