Two saved from roof of stranded car
Firefighters rescued two people from the roof of a car after they became stranded in floodwater in New Buckenham.A crew from Attleborough was called to the junction of the B1113 and the B1077 shortly before 8pm on Sunday where they found the car stranded in the dark.
Firefighters rescued two people from the roof of a car after they became stranded in floodwater in New Buckenham.
A crew from Attleborough was called to the junction of the B1113 and the B1077 shortly before 8pm on Sunday where they found the car stranded in the dark. The two adult occupants were sitting on the roof.
The crew used water rescue equipment, including lifejackets and safety lines, to reach the vehicle before pushing it clear of the flood.
A Norfolk Fire Service spokesman said: “The water was fast flowing and quite deep and extended right across surrounding fields, so the culverts and drainage at the site were simply overwhelmed.
You may also want to watch:
“The occupants chose to sit on the roof rather than risk losing their footing or stepping off the edge of the road in the darkness into even deeper water.” The fire service remained at the scene until shortly after 9.30pm.
- 1 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 2 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 4 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 5 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 6 Pubs and shops to open on Monday: what else can I do when restrictions are eased?
- 7 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
- 8 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 9 'Norfolk was a special place to him' - MPs' tributes to Prince Philip
- 10 Residents asked to leave sheltered housing with building's future in limbo