Norfolk County Council to commence seven weeks of pavement resurfacing in Diss
- Credit: Matthew Usher.
A busy stretch of pavement along A1066 in Diss is to be closed for seven weeks whilst £85,000 worth of resurfacing works take place.
Norfolk County Council are about to start pavement improvements to Victoria Road in Diss.
From Tuesday, April 3, pavement on the north side of Victoria Road, from Prince Regent Way to Stuston Road will be closed to allow re-surfacing works to take place.
Weather allowing, the work is expected to take seven weeks to complete.
During this time the shared pedestrian and cycleway on the north side of Victoria Road will be closed, and an alternative walkway provided.
You may also want to watch:
Although there will be temporary restrictions for vehicles and pedestrians to some properties along the road whilst the work takes place, the works are not expected to affect the majority of traffic using Victoria road.
To help minimise disruption some work will be carried out in the evenings.
- 1 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 2 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 No Norfolk Covid-19 deaths recorded for first week since September
- 5 Search for Norfolk neighbours to take on Suffolk in food waste fight
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 Mapped: How will the electoral changes impact you?
- 9 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave
- 10 'Honour of my life' - Former crime commissioner reflects on time in role