Volunteer plea for Diss Job Club
Diss Job Club is seeking new volunteers after its organiser secured a new job.
The Saffron Housing Trust backed group meets every Thursday at the Denny Centre in Thomas Manning Road and has been running for over a year.
But the club needs some fresh blood after Trevor Clark, who helped get it established, secured some work. He has called on someone else to take over the running of the organisation.
'It has been very rewarding for me to be involved in the running of the club so I really hope we can keep it going to help the people of Diss and the surrounding area.'
'We have been able to give advice on things such as training, writing CVs and also helped people with access to computers and the internet to look and apply for jobs. We have had a lot of support from people like Saffron but we just need people to give up a few hours a week to keep the doors open,' he said.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in helping the job club is asked to contact Lisa Aston on 01508 532032.
- 1 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 2 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 3 No Norfolk Covid-19 deaths recorded for first week since September
- 4 Candidate says 7,000 rejected ballots shows PCC voting system flawed
- 5 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 6 'Honour of my life' - Former crime commissioner reflects on time in role
- 7 Search for Norfolk neighbours to take on Suffolk in food waste fight
- 8 Turner Prize winner Sir Tony Cragg exhibition opens at Houghton Hall
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed