Volunteer plea for Diss Job Club
Diss Job Club is seeking new volunteers after its organiser secured a new job.
The Saffron Housing Trust backed group meets every Thursday at the Denny Centre in Thomas Manning Road and has been running for over a year.
But the club needs some fresh blood after Trevor Clark, who helped get it established, secured some work. He has called on someone else to take over the running of the organisation.
'It has been very rewarding for me to be involved in the running of the club so I really hope we can keep it going to help the people of Diss and the surrounding area.'
'We have been able to give advice on things such as training, writing CVs and also helped people with access to computers and the internet to look and apply for jobs. We have had a lot of support from people like Saffron but we just need people to give up a few hours a week to keep the doors open,' he said.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in helping the job club is asked to contact Lisa Aston on 01508 532032.
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 5 PlayStation, iPad and pottery classes bought with NHS budget
- 6 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 7 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 10 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready