Volunteers' efforts hailed
Local volunteers were recognised this week for their invaluable contributions to Suffolk communities over the last year.The seventh annual Mid Suffolk Community Achievement Awards were at the Cedars Hotel in Stowmarket to give out awards to 48 people whose unpaid work makes life easier for many in villages all over the district.
Local volunteers were recognised this week for their invaluable contributions to Suffolk communities over the last year.
The seventh annual Mid Suffolk Community Achievement Awards were at the Cedars Hotel in Stowmarket to give out awards to 48 people whose unpaid work makes life easier for many in villages all over the district.
Sara Michell, chairman of Mid Suffolk District Council, said: 'These awards give us the opportunity to say thank you to someone in the local community who deserves recognition and praise for their efforts.'
'Without their selfless dedication, our quality of life would be much diminished.'
You may also want to watch:
Those given awards include Peter and Kay Lucas of Gislingham, Donna Nevitt, Albert Driver, Daphne Culley and Ronald Orves of Redgrave, Pauline and Lloyd Smith of Yaxley, Gordon Lawrence and Joan Norman of Rickinghall, Gordon Marshall, Merlin Channon and Jim Stovell of Eye, Helena Sharp of Botesdale, Richard Pell of Burgate and Robert Turner of Harleston.
The awards are open to anyone who works on a voluntary basis on community projects in the Mid Suffolk District, on projects such as fundraising work, campaigning for improved local services or providing a long-term service to the community.
- 1 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 2 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards
- 3 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 4 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 5 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
- 6 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 7 New Covid variants may require jabs for children, UEA experts warn
- 8 Last chance to recognise our social care heroes at the Norfolk Care Awards 2021
- 9 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
- 10 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design