Vote for your favourite hymn to be sung at annual Diss Big Sing
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
A market town is tuning up for its largest annual singing event, which this year will be in aid of The Fire Fighters Charity.
Now in its 13th year, The Big Sing will take place on Sunday, August 6, from 6.30pm in St Mary's Church, Diss.
Open to the whole community, the popular event attracts around 250 people each year and over the years has raised more than £6,000 for various charitable organisations.
This year the event will be fundraising for fire and rescue services, who will be present on the night.
In recent weeks, event organiser Gerry Hosking has been collecting hymn nominations from the community.
You may also want to watch:
The top 10 most popular hymns will be revealed and sung on the night, accompanied by the church organist, Salvation Army band and church choir.
Doors for the event open at 6pm, when the band starts playing, with hymn singing commencing at 6.30pm.
- 1 Designer clothes, shoes and accessories worth £12k stolen in break-in
- 2 Phil and Jill still going strong after 74 years together
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 5 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 7 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 8 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
- 9 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 10 Pubs and shops open on Monday: what can I do when restrictions are eased?