Vote for your favourite hymn to be sung at annual Diss Big Sing
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
A market town is tuning up for its largest annual singing event, which this year will be in aid of The Fire Fighters Charity.
Now in its 13th year, The Big Sing will take place on Sunday, August 6, from 6.30pm in St Mary's Church, Diss.
Open to the whole community, the popular event attracts around 250 people each year and over the years has raised more than £6,000 for various charitable organisations.
This year the event will be fundraising for fire and rescue services, who will be present on the night.
In recent weeks, event organiser Gerry Hosking has been collecting hymn nominations from the community.
You may also want to watch:
The top 10 most popular hymns will be revealed and sung on the night, accompanied by the church organist, Salvation Army band and church choir.
Doors for the event open at 6pm, when the band starts playing, with hymn singing commencing at 6.30pm.
- 1 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 4 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 5 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 6 Appeal to find 27-year-old wanted on recall to prison
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 9 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 10 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in