Vote for your favourite hymn to be sung at annual Diss Big Sing
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
A market town is tuning up for its largest annual singing event, which this year will be in aid of The Fire Fighters Charity.
Now in its 13th year, The Big Sing will take place on Sunday, August 6, from 6.30pm in St Mary's Church, Diss.
Open to the whole community, the popular event attracts around 250 people each year and over the years has raised more than £6,000 for various charitable organisations.
This year the event will be fundraising for fire and rescue services, who will be present on the night.
In recent weeks, event organiser Gerry Hosking has been collecting hymn nominations from the community.
You may also want to watch:
The top 10 most popular hymns will be revealed and sung on the night, accompanied by the church organist, Salvation Army band and church choir.
Doors for the event open at 6pm, when the band starts playing, with hymn singing commencing at 6.30pm.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Steam trains to run at night with illuminations this Christmas
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 6 Police chief urges people to be sensible this Halloween
- 7 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 8 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 9 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 10 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries