Vote for your favourite hymn to be sung at annual Diss Big Sing
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
A market town is tuning up for its largest annual singing event, which this year will be in aid of The Fire Fighters Charity.
Now in its 13th year, The Big Sing will take place on Sunday, August 6, from 6.30pm in St Mary's Church, Diss.
Open to the whole community, the popular event attracts around 250 people each year and over the years has raised more than £6,000 for various charitable organisations.
This year the event will be fundraising for fire and rescue services, who will be present on the night.
In recent weeks, event organiser Gerry Hosking has been collecting hymn nominations from the community.
You may also want to watch:
The top 10 most popular hymns will be revealed and sung on the night, accompanied by the church organist, Salvation Army band and church choir.
Doors for the event open at 6pm, when the band starts playing, with hymn singing commencing at 6.30pm.
- 1 A140 cleared after being partially blocked following crash
- 2 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 3 Where in Norfolk can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 4 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 5 Heavy rain prompts flood warnings as first snow forecast to fall
- 6 Car carrying five people crashes into ditch
- 7 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 8 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 9 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 10 'Raring to go' - Businesses ready to reopen in time for Christmas rush