Warning after heating oil thefts
Householders are being urged to be vigilant after an increase in the number of thefts of domestic heating oil.Police say there have been four incidents since Christmas where oil has been stolen from garage storage tanks.
Householders are being urged to be vigilant after an increase in the number of thefts of domestic heating oil.
Police say there have been four incidents since Christmas where oil has been stolen from garage storage tanks.
Police community support officer Paul Borman said: “The incidents have occurred in areas like Hingham, Barford and Wicklewood.
“There has been an increase in the price of heating oil and many householders will naturally have been ordering their supplies for the winter.
You may also want to watch:
“We believe that these two factors have contributed to this recent spate of thefts.
“We would urge people to as far as possible secure the area surrounding their heating tank and to make sure they have an adequate lock on their tank.”
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 6 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 Train troubles in Norfolk after lorry hits overhead cables
For further information or to speak to a member of the Wymondham safer neighbourhood team call 0845 4564567.