Warning after heating oil thefts
Householders are being urged to be vigilant after an increase in the number of thefts of domestic heating oil.Police say there have been four incidents since Christmas where oil has been stolen from garage storage tanks.
Householders are being urged to be vigilant after an increase in the number of thefts of domestic heating oil.
Police say there have been four incidents since Christmas where oil has been stolen from garage storage tanks.
Police community support officer Paul Borman said: “The incidents have occurred in areas like Hingham, Barford and Wicklewood.
“There has been an increase in the price of heating oil and many householders will naturally have been ordering their supplies for the winter.
You may also want to watch:
“We believe that these two factors have contributed to this recent spate of thefts.
“We would urge people to as far as possible secure the area surrounding their heating tank and to make sure they have an adequate lock on their tank.”
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Former children's shoe fitter feels 'very special' on turning 100
- 3 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 4 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 5 80 foot 'golf ball' radar tower rejected for Norfolk village
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 7 What a difference a year makes: Norfolk braced for yet more rainfall
- 8 50,000 more Covid jabs given out - but pace slows in region
- 9 'Don't suffer in silence' - Debt expert fears post-Covid crisis
- 10 Norfolk Covid cases slightly up but below national averages
For further information or to speak to a member of the Wymondham safer neighbourhood team call 0845 4564567.