Warning after heating oil thefts
Householders are being urged to be vigilant after an increase in the number of thefts of domestic heating oil.Police say there have been four incidents since Christmas where oil has been stolen from garage storage tanks.
Householders are being urged to be vigilant after an increase in the number of thefts of domestic heating oil.
Police say there have been four incidents since Christmas where oil has been stolen from garage storage tanks.
Police community support officer Paul Borman said: “The incidents have occurred in areas like Hingham, Barford and Wicklewood.
“There has been an increase in the price of heating oil and many householders will naturally have been ordering their supplies for the winter.
You may also want to watch:
“We believe that these two factors have contributed to this recent spate of thefts.
“We would urge people to as far as possible secure the area surrounding their heating tank and to make sure they have an adequate lock on their tank.”
- 1 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 8 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 9 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
For further information or to speak to a member of the Wymondham safer neighbourhood team call 0845 4564567.