Can you spot a familiar face in our Diss Carnival gallery?
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Thousands of people lined the sun-kissed streets of Diss today for the town's annual carnival.
The theme for this year's colourful event was Water Wonderland, which celebrates the South Norfolk town's most popular tourist attraction - The Mere.
Revellers watched as mermaids, pirates and gigantic ducks danced there way through the parade on scores of decorated floats.
The carnival procession began at 12.30pm from Diss High School to Mount Street, through the Market Place and onto Mere Street before the festival atmosphere spread across Diss park.
More than 50 stall and rides pitched up at the park with thousands taking part in a number of games including lightsaber sessions with the Norwich Star Wars Club Jedi Academy, tug of war and water relay race.
You may also want to watch:
And it was fun and games for furry friends too, as large crowds gathered for the parade of pooches at the dog shows, with the best being crowned most handsome dog and best rescue.
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 6 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 7 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 8 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed