Where and when Storm Eunice will hit Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Weather experts have revealed the exact time Storm Eunice will hit Norfolk.
High winds of up to 80mph are expected to cause widespread disruption today.
An amber weather warning has been issued by the Met Office, meaning there is a danger to life.
A rare red weather warning is in place in parts of Suffolk - including Ipswich - as forecasters predict winds of up to 90mph.
According to meteorologists at Weatherquest, wind speed will begin building at 5am but the worst of the Storm will first reach west Norfolk at 12pm.
Phil Garner of Weatherquest said: "The storm will be at its strongest at midday and these high winds will last until about 4pm.
"It is expected to move up to Norfolk from the south west, and will hit Thetford, Downham Market and King's Lynn areas first.
"Within half an hour, Eunice will be felt across all of the county.
- 1 Man in court over hundreds of indecent images of children
- 2 Church school becomes latest to join growing academy trust
- 3 Meet Norfolk's own Karate Kid - who hopes to compete on world stage
- 4 50-mile diversion in place as A140 set to close to repair damaged road
- 5 Nissen hut conversion approved despite holiday home noise concerns
- 6 Overcrowding fears sees council oppose town's affordable housing plans
- 7 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and two meteor showers
- 8 Fresh plans for controversial waste plant revealed
- 9 Rare 19th century painting found in Norfolk home sells for £160k
- 10 Classic car show back this weekend with over 700 vehicles
"These strong winds will continue until 4pm but it will remain very blustery until about 11pm."