Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- Credit: Sophie Kendall
Parts of Norfolk and Waveney have today been turned into a winter wonderland.
The first snow of 2021 has fallen across the region given most places at least a light dusting of the white stuff or in some areas a more substantial covering.
Mid and West Norfolk have seen the most with areas around King's Lynn seeing sustained snow falls and it has been particularly bad around the Fakenham area.
A number of main roads were reported to be impassable with drivers warned to be extra careful.
Many families woke up on Saturday morning to see their gardens, drives and neighbourhoods given a covering of snow.
And while people can't meet up with friends or travel to enjoy it, plenty have made the most of the weather from their gardens or streets.
Plenty shared pictures of the white landscape outside their homes - some expressing surprise, despite forecasts, and others delighted to see it.
- 1 'Good' rating for care home which had been plunged into special measures
- 2 Section of A140 to close over the weekend
- 3 Listed farmhouse dating back to the 1600s is for sale
- 4 Results of testing for new variant in South Norfolk 'could take weeks'
- 5 Ninety per cent of Norfolk pupils expected to be back in school on March 8
- 6 More than 350 south Norfolk homes hit by power cut
- 7 Two-hour waits at vaccine centre after booking 'malfunction'
- 8 Musician adapts pieces to help friend play piano one handed after stroke
- 9 Warning over scam 'Aviva' automated cold calls
- 10 Bid for £6m so towns and villages can combat flooding