North Norfolk coast hit by 53mph winds but calmer Sunday expected
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
Strong gusts of wind are expected throughout the day in Norfolk with a maximum speed of around 50mph inland.
A meteorologist from Norwich-based forecasting company Weatherquest said the strongest winds this morning have been recorded at Weybourne on the north Norfolk coast.
Gusts reached a maximum speed of 53mph there, while the rest of the region has had wind speeds in the region of 35-40mph.
Strong south-westerly winds are expected for the rest of the day with Weatherquest expecting maximum speeds to reach 45-50mph.
Some areas on the coast could even see wind speeds reach as high as 55mph, but the weather is expected to ease overnight.
Heading into Sunday, it is expected the winds will move north-west with breezy, but light to moderate winds, predicted.
Gusts could reach up to 40mph at times tomorrow, but are expected to be below that for most of the day.
- 1 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 2 Car flips over in crash near south Norfolk village
- 3 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 4 Can you help bring Christmas cheer to teens in care?
- 5 Norfolk hair salon named best in region at national awards
- 6 Frustration as vulnerable people in Norfolk left waiting for Covid boosters
- 7 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 8 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 9 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 10 Heavy rain forecast for the rest of the week in Norfolk but snow unlikely