North Norfolk coast hit by 53mph winds but calmer Sunday expected
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
Strong gusts of wind are expected throughout the day in Norfolk with a maximum speed of around 50mph inland.
A meteorologist from Norwich-based forecasting company Weatherquest said the strongest winds this morning have been recorded at Weybourne on the north Norfolk coast.
Gusts reached a maximum speed of 53mph there, while the rest of the region has had wind speeds in the region of 35-40mph.
Strong south-westerly winds are expected for the rest of the day with Weatherquest expecting maximum speeds to reach 45-50mph.
Some areas on the coast could even see wind speeds reach as high as 55mph, but the weather is expected to ease overnight.
You may also want to watch:
Heading into Sunday, it is expected the winds will move north-west with breezy, but light to moderate winds, predicted.
Gusts could reach up to 40mph at times tomorrow, but are expected to be below that for most of the day.
- 1 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 2 New head unveiled at high school with 'so much potential'
- 3 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 4 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 5 Extra police as pub gardens opening could coincide with Canaries promotion
- 6 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 7 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 8 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 9 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Designer clothes, shoes and accessories worth £12k stolen in break-in