Heavy rain and thunderstorms expected all day ahead of England v Scotland
- Credit: Kerry Louise
Friday is expected to be a washout with heavy rain, strong winds and thunderstorms set to batter the county.
A yellow weather warning is in place through to 6am on Saturday, with more thunder and lightning on the way.
Friday morning began with a downpour and stronger than usual winds, setting a drab tone ahead of the hotly-anticipated Euro 2020 clash between England and Scotland in the evening.
Met Office predictions leave little room for hope that it might clear up by the 8pm kick-off time, with a 90pc chance of heavy rain up to midnight.
Winds will not be gale-force, but at 29mph might be enough to cause minor damage to some weaker structures and trees.
The Met Office weather warning said: "There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded quickly, with damage to some buildings from floodwater or lightning strikes.
"Where flooding or lightning strikes occur, there is a chance of delays and some cancellations to train and bus services.
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 PlayStation, iPad and pottery classes bought with NHS budget
- 5 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 6 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 7 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 8 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 9 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 10 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
"Spray and sudden flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures. There is a small chance that some communities become cut off by flooded roads.
"There is a slight chance that power cuts could occur and other services to some homes and businesses could be lost
"There is a small chance of fast flowing or deep floodwater causing danger to life."