More roadworks coming to town’s main street
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are face weekend delays travelling along the busiest road in Diss with temporary traffic lights for roadworks.
Work will take place on Sunday (February 2) to install drainage channels on the Victoria Road between the Tesco and Morrisons roundabouts.
Norfolk County Council said to minimise the disruption the £5,000 work was being carried out on a Sunday.
Traffic will be controlled using temporary traffic lights between the two mini roundabouts at one of the busiest parts of the main A1066 road through the town.
A spokesman said: "We would like to thank people for their patience while these works to deal with standing water along the edge of the road are carried out."
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile Anglian Water has given advanced noticed that Walcot Green in Diss, between Burston Road and Walcot Road, will be closed from February 26-28 while a new water main connection is installed. Access to properties will be maintained but diversions will be in place.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 3 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 4 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 5 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 6 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 7 Revealed: 11 more coronavirus vaccination centres set to open
- 8 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow
- 9 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 10 Broadband firm pledges 'Herculean effort' in hyperfast roll-out