More roadworks coming to town’s main street
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are face weekend delays travelling along the busiest road in Diss with temporary traffic lights for roadworks.
Work will take place on Sunday (February 2) to install drainage channels on the Victoria Road between the Tesco and Morrisons roundabouts.
Norfolk County Council said to minimise the disruption the £5,000 work was being carried out on a Sunday.
Traffic will be controlled using temporary traffic lights between the two mini roundabouts at one of the busiest parts of the main A1066 road through the town.
A spokesman said: "We would like to thank people for their patience while these works to deal with standing water along the edge of the road are carried out."
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile Anglian Water has given advanced noticed that Walcot Green in Diss, between Burston Road and Walcot Road, will be closed from February 26-28 while a new water main connection is installed. Access to properties will be maintained but diversions will be in place.
- 1 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 3 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 4 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 6 Pubs and shops to open on Monday: what else can I do when restrictions are eased?
- 7 Prince Charles says royal family are 'deeply grateful' for public support following Prince Philip death
- 8 Still time to have your say on town's future as bypass plans go in
- 9 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
- 10 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?