More roadworks coming to town’s main street
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are face weekend delays travelling along the busiest road in Diss with temporary traffic lights for roadworks.
Work will take place on Sunday (February 2) to install drainage channels on the Victoria Road between the Tesco and Morrisons roundabouts.
Norfolk County Council said to minimise the disruption the £5,000 work was being carried out on a Sunday.
Traffic will be controlled using temporary traffic lights between the two mini roundabouts at one of the busiest parts of the main A1066 road through the town.
A spokesman said: "We would like to thank people for their patience while these works to deal with standing water along the edge of the road are carried out."
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile Anglian Water has given advanced noticed that Walcot Green in Diss, between Burston Road and Walcot Road, will be closed from February 26-28 while a new water main connection is installed. Access to properties will be maintained but diversions will be in place.
- 1 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 5 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 8 More than 100,000 young people have had Covid jab in Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
- 10 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check