More roadworks coming to town’s main street
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are face weekend delays travelling along the busiest road in Diss with temporary traffic lights for roadworks.
Work will take place on Sunday (February 2) to install drainage channels on the Victoria Road between the Tesco and Morrisons roundabouts.
Norfolk County Council said to minimise the disruption the £5,000 work was being carried out on a Sunday.
Traffic will be controlled using temporary traffic lights between the two mini roundabouts at one of the busiest parts of the main A1066 road through the town.
A spokesman said: "We would like to thank people for their patience while these works to deal with standing water along the edge of the road are carried out."
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile Anglian Water has given advanced noticed that Walcot Green in Diss, between Burston Road and Walcot Road, will be closed from February 26-28 while a new water main connection is installed. Access to properties will be maintained but diversions will be in place.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"