Search

Vet’s warning after four dogs poisoned

PUBLISHED: 15:01 19 December 2019 | UPDATED: 15:17 19 December 2019

Mark Chenery was walking his dogs when he discovered poisonous treats that had been deliberately left on the ground. Photo: Mark Chenery

Mark Chenery was walking his dogs when he discovered poisonous treats that had been deliberately left on the ground. Photo: Mark Chenery

Archant

A vet has urged dog owners to report suspicious activity to police after four pets were poisoned.

Police are making enquiries after four dogs had to have their stomachs emptied when they found the chocolate-covered marshmallows, with drugs hidden inside, in Thorndon, close to Eye on the Norfolk/Suffolk border.

You may also want to watch:

A spokesman at Linden House Veterinary Centre, in Diss, said: "We were shocked and saddened to have to treat four dogs for the ingestion of deliberately planted toxic substances.

READ MORE: Dogs targeted with poison hidden in chocolate

"The dogs were seen and made to vomit to prevent the effects of any poisoning and we are pleased that they are all doing well.

"We would urge pet owners to be vigilant walking in public areas and contact their veterinary practice for advice if their dog eats anything suspicious. We will be supporting our client, the dogs and the police investigation in any way we can and urge people to contact the police in a similar incident."


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Diss Mercury. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Diss Mercury