Vet’s warning after four dogs poisoned

Mark Chenery was walking his dogs when he discovered poisonous treats that had been deliberately lef

Mark Chenery was walking his dogs when he discovered poisonous treats that had been deliberately left on the ground. Photo: Mark Chenery - Credit: Archant

A vet has urged dog owners to report suspicious activity to police after four pets were poisoned.

Police are making enquiries after four dogs had to have their stomachs emptied when they found the chocolate-covered marshmallows, with drugs hidden inside, in Thorndon, close to Eye on the Norfolk/Suffolk border.

A spokesman at Linden House Veterinary Centre, in Diss, said: "We were shocked and saddened to have to treat four dogs for the ingestion of deliberately planted toxic substances.

READ MORE: Dogs targeted with poison hidden in chocolate"The dogs were seen and made to vomit to prevent the effects of any poisoning and we are pleased that they are all doing well.

"We would urge pet owners to be vigilant walking in public areas and contact their veterinary practice for advice if their dog eats anything suspicious. We will be supporting our client, the dogs and the police investigation in any way we can and urge people to contact the police in a similar incident."


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter