See inside the new coffee shop on the A11
- Credit: Archant
Coffee lovers have a new stop-off point along the A11 after a store opened its doors.
Starbucks has opened a new shop next to the Snetterton racetrack on the A11 as part of a new service station.
Manager Emma Copsey, 38, said: "It is very exciting but I am also very nervous, I am looking forward to the challenges.
"We want to appeal to everyone. We have the industrial site near us with all the drivers who we hope start their day with a coffee but it is also local community with people who drive past regularly."
The creation of the store, which is part of the EG Group, has created 15 new jobs and is the 124th Starbucks in its ownership.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Copsey is hoping the location will prove a hit with race fans heading to the track.
She added: "We are quite close to the track so our passing trade is going to be on either side of the track as people pass over the bridge.
- 1 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 2 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
- 3 Care provider to appeal decision which saw plans to extend care home rejected
- 4 'Raring to go' - Businesses ready to reopen in time for Christmas rush
- 5 Car carrying five people crashes into ditch
- 6 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 7 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 8 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 9 From beauty to beer: businessman ready to revive village pub
- 10 Six-year-old cycles 100 laps to raise money for homeless
"The race season starts early in April right through to October with some 24 hour races in the November. We could be looking into opening for the full 24 hours when those events are on.
"It was certainly something on our mind when we were looking to open up here being so close to the track and because people will be coming from London or up the A11 to Snetterton they are not going to see any of the services further towards Norwich.
"But also anyone heading to Norwich or even the other way heading to Stansted Airport.
"Our first day has been steady with a few people in but people from local businesses have started to come in."
The store is open from 6am to 8pm on weekdays, from 7pm to 8pm on Saturdays and 8am to 8pm on Sundays.
For more information go to www.starbucks.com.
-What do you think of the new services on the A11? Email Marc.Betts@archant.co.uk with your thoughts.