Driver hits telegraph pole and brings it down on the road
- Credit: Lucy Begbie
A woman driving home last night hit a telegraph pole which came down on the road and was hit by another vehicle.
The woman was driving along the Winfarthing and Shelfanger Road near Diss just after 7pm when the accident occurred.
A driver of a Vauxhall Astra then drove into the telegraph pole which was lying across the road.
Police were called at 7.34pm as well as the paramedics who checked the lady who was found to be okay.
Fiona Hawkins, a resident living opposite said: 'I was baking when I heard a noise, the dog started barking and my husband came through and asked if we'd been outside.
You may also want to watch:
'Our neighbours were on the scene and I was asked to phone the ambulance but I couldn't phone from the landline because the telegraph pole had brought the wires down.
'An oncoming vehicle drove into the telegraph pole and they were really lucky because if they had been seconds earlier the pole would have hit their car.'
- 1 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 2 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 3 Contactless card payment limit increased to £100
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 6 Train troubles in Norfolk after lorry hits overhead cables
- 7 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 8 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 9 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 10 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants