Driver hits telegraph pole and brings it down on the road
- Credit: Lucy Begbie
A woman driving home last night hit a telegraph pole which came down on the road and was hit by another vehicle.
The woman was driving along the Winfarthing and Shelfanger Road near Diss just after 7pm when the accident occurred.
A driver of a Vauxhall Astra then drove into the telegraph pole which was lying across the road.
Police were called at 7.34pm as well as the paramedics who checked the lady who was found to be okay.
Fiona Hawkins, a resident living opposite said: 'I was baking when I heard a noise, the dog started barking and my husband came through and asked if we'd been outside.
You may also want to watch:
'Our neighbours were on the scene and I was asked to phone the ambulance but I couldn't phone from the landline because the telegraph pole had brought the wires down.
'An oncoming vehicle drove into the telegraph pole and they were really lucky because if they had been seconds earlier the pole would have hit their car.'
- 1 First patients receive Covid jab at new mass vaccination centre
- 2 Results of testing for new variant in South Norfolk 'could take weeks'
- 3 New mass vaccination centre opening in Norfolk
- 4 'Time has flown by' - bakery celebrates 30 years in business
- 5 Norfolk Covid-19 cases at lowest level since October, figures show
- 6 Parents react to twice weekly Covid tests for school households
- 7 Delays possible as 23m long boat travels along A47 and A11
- 8 Musician adapts pieces to help friend play piano one handed after stroke
- 9 Historic green space could be protected from housing plans
- 10 Nine in 10 over-65s have had first Covid-19 vaccine, says NHS