Driver hits telegraph pole and brings it down on the road
- Credit: Lucy Begbie
A woman driving home last night hit a telegraph pole which came down on the road and was hit by another vehicle.
The woman was driving along the Winfarthing and Shelfanger Road near Diss just after 7pm when the accident occurred.
A driver of a Vauxhall Astra then drove into the telegraph pole which was lying across the road.
Police were called at 7.34pm as well as the paramedics who checked the lady who was found to be okay.
Fiona Hawkins, a resident living opposite said: 'I was baking when I heard a noise, the dog started barking and my husband came through and asked if we'd been outside.
You may also want to watch:
'Our neighbours were on the scene and I was asked to phone the ambulance but I couldn't phone from the landline because the telegraph pole had brought the wires down.
'An oncoming vehicle drove into the telegraph pole and they were really lucky because if they had been seconds earlier the pole would have hit their car.'
- 1 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 4 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 9 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 10 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu