Driver hits telegraph pole and brings it down on the road
- Credit: Lucy Begbie
A woman driving home last night hit a telegraph pole which came down on the road and was hit by another vehicle.
The woman was driving along the Winfarthing and Shelfanger Road near Diss just after 7pm when the accident occurred.
A driver of a Vauxhall Astra then drove into the telegraph pole which was lying across the road.
Police were called at 7.34pm as well as the paramedics who checked the lady who was found to be okay.
Fiona Hawkins, a resident living opposite said: 'I was baking when I heard a noise, the dog started barking and my husband came through and asked if we'd been outside.
You may also want to watch:
'Our neighbours were on the scene and I was asked to phone the ambulance but I couldn't phone from the landline because the telegraph pole had brought the wires down.
'An oncoming vehicle drove into the telegraph pole and they were really lucky because if they had been seconds earlier the pole would have hit their car.'
- 1 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 3 Bishop gives blessing to project helping pupils recover after pandemic
- 4 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 5 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 6 Next recalls nightdresses amid fire hazard worries
- 7 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 8 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 9 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 10 Almost a million Covid jabs given out in Norfolk and Waveney