Work starts on A140 improvement
Work starts on Monday on a £125,000 improvement to the A140 junction with Church Road, Tasburgh. The project is designed to reduce delays and queuing at the junction, and improve safety.
Work starts on Monday on a £125,000 improvement to the A140 junction with Church Road, Tasburgh.
The project is designed to reduce delays and queuing at the junction, and improve safety.
At peak traffic times, long queues form on Church Road waiting to join the A140. Vehicles waiting to turn right hold up all traffic, including vehicles intending to make the easier left turn. Over the past five years there have been three accidents in which people have been injured - one seriously.
The works, which will take until Sunday, November 16, involve widening Church Road on the south western side to provide a new dedicated right turning queuing lane.
You may also want to watch:
A county council spokesman said: “Every effort will be made to minimise disruption through evening work and flexible traffic management. Three-way traffic control affecting the main road will be needed at times, especially between 7pm and 11pm.
“At the end of the works, three-way traffic control will be required on Sunday 16 November, and it will be necessary to close Church Road at some stage during the day. Local traffic will be diverted along Church Road, Grove Lane, Low Road, Mill Lane, Station Road, Flordon Road, and A140 Ipswich Road.”
- 1 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 New PCC - I will lobby home secretary to crackdown on police abusers
- 8 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 9 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 10 Lorry driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving on A140
The council apologised for any inconvenience caused during the junction improvements.
To resolve issues during the works, contact Richard Munro through the council's customer services centre on 0844 8008009.