Kirkley & Pakefield will join King's Lynn Town and Lowestoft Town in today's FA Cup draw after matching their best ever run in the competition.

The Royals reached the second qualifying round for the first time in six years and will at least equal their best cup run after winning 2-1 at Beaconsfield SYCOB, who ply their trade in the Evo-Stik League Southern Division One Central.

A goal from Ross Gilfedder in the first half and a second in time added on from Kyle Baker was enough to see the Royals go into the hat when the draw is made at 1pm today.

In league action, Norwich United saw their Thurlow Nunn Premier Division lead cut to a point after a goalless draw at Newmarket Town, which allowed Godmanchester Rovers to close the gap after winning 7-0 away at Long Melford.

Gorleston managed to shrug off some bad luck of late, beating FC Clacton 1-0 at Emerald Park, but the wait goes on for winless Fakenham Town, beaten 2-0 at Felixstowe & Walton United.

Ricci Butler's Gorleston were indebted to a goal two minutes before half-time for their win, with Keegan Middleton's free-kick heading for the top left corner, before taking a deflection off the back of Kevin Coyle which wrong-footed the keeper.

But Middleton's joy turned sour in the second half when he collected two yellow cards, in bizarre circumstances.

The first, five minutes before time, was harshly given for kicking the ball away, when he volleyed away a dropping ball close to the touchline as the referee was blowing to indicate the linesman, behind Middleton, was flagging that the ball had gone out.

Four minutes later came the second after Clacton were awarded a free-kick in their own half. A visiting player threw the ball into Gorleston's half and Middleton rolled it back towards their half for the kick to be taken. The referee deemed this to be kicking the ball away.

Clacton midfielder Aaron Condon then followed him after a seemingly innocuous tangle off the ball with Hayden Ingram.

In the First Division, Great Yarmouth Town's excellent start to the campaign came to a halt when they lost 3-0 to visiting Debenham LC, the first goals they have conceded this season. The Bloaters remain fourth, four points behind leaders Wivenhoe, but with a game in hand.

Dereham Town Reserves got a welcome win, beating visiting Team Bury 4-1, but Diss Town were held to a 1-1 draw at home to Cornard United.

Downham were 3-1 home winners over Woodbridge Town, with goals from Bialasik and Cooper putting them 2-1 ahead at the break, before Linford and Upton sealed the points in the second half. Diss went ahead after an early goal from Sam Page, but the visitors gained a deserved point when James Beckett levelled.