A golden weekend for athletes
Karen Hindle and Ian Foster (pictured) were double medal winners at the British Masters Indoor Athletics Championships, held at Lee Valley in London at the weekend.
Hindle, from Tivertshall, struck double gold in the W40 60 metres and 200 metres events.
Running against a strong field Hindle used her powerful finish to win by one hundreth of a second in 8.46 seconds.
The outcome of the 200 metres was never in doubt from the start, with strong running she had gained a substancial lead by the final bend to win her second title in 27.92 seconds.
Foster, from Pulham Market, successfully defended his M65 60 metres crown with an emphatic win, in a season's best time of 8.39 seconds.
You may also want to watch:
Bettering last year's bronze medal in the 200 metres, he ran another season's best time of 28.34 seconds to take the silver medal.
Hindle and Foster will now be competing for Great Britain, at 60 metres, 200 metres and sprint relays, in the European Masters Championships in Ghent, Belgium in March.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 5 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"