A golden weekend for athletes
Karen Hindle and Ian Foster (pictured) were double medal winners at the British Masters Indoor Athletics Championships, held at Lee Valley in London at the weekend.
Hindle, from Tivertshall, struck double gold in the W40 60 metres and 200 metres events.
Running against a strong field Hindle used her powerful finish to win by one hundreth of a second in 8.46 seconds.
The outcome of the 200 metres was never in doubt from the start, with strong running she had gained a substancial lead by the final bend to win her second title in 27.92 seconds.
Foster, from Pulham Market, successfully defended his M65 60 metres crown with an emphatic win, in a season's best time of 8.39 seconds.
You may also want to watch:
Bettering last year's bronze medal in the 200 metres, he ran another season's best time of 28.34 seconds to take the silver medal.
Hindle and Foster will now be competing for Great Britain, at 60 metres, 200 metres and sprint relays, in the European Masters Championships in Ghent, Belgium in March.
- 1 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 4 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards
- 5 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 6 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 7 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 8 Last chance to recognise our social care heroes at the Norfolk Care Awards 2021
- 9 Air ambulance to fly with 'vital' life saving blood every mission
- 10 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed