A golden weekend for athletes
Karen Hindle and Ian Foster (pictured) were double medal winners at the British Masters Indoor Athletics Championships, held at Lee Valley in London at the weekend.
Hindle, from Tivertshall, struck double gold in the W40 60 metres and 200 metres events.
Running against a strong field Hindle used her powerful finish to win by one hundreth of a second in 8.46 seconds.
The outcome of the 200 metres was never in doubt from the start, with strong running she had gained a substancial lead by the final bend to win her second title in 27.92 seconds.
Foster, from Pulham Market, successfully defended his M65 60 metres crown with an emphatic win, in a season's best time of 8.39 seconds.
You may also want to watch:
Bettering last year's bronze medal in the 200 metres, he ran another season's best time of 28.34 seconds to take the silver medal.
Hindle and Foster will now be competing for Great Britain, at 60 metres, 200 metres and sprint relays, in the European Masters Championships in Ghent, Belgium in March.
- 1 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 2 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 3 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 4 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 5 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 6 Call for caution as restrictions eased amid backdrop of 'perilous' variant
- 7 Lockdown easing LIVE: Norfolk and Waveney enjoys renewed freedom
- 8 Locusts, vinegar cake and crocodile: 6 weird dishes served in Norfolk
- 9 Life-saving defibrillator installed along historic Norfolk footpath
- 10 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk