A golden weekend for athletes
Karen Hindle and Ian Foster (pictured) were double medal winners at the British Masters Indoor Athletics Championships, held at Lee Valley in London at the weekend.
Hindle, from Tivertshall, struck double gold in the W40 60 metres and 200 metres events.
Running against a strong field Hindle used her powerful finish to win by one hundreth of a second in 8.46 seconds.
The outcome of the 200 metres was never in doubt from the start, with strong running she had gained a substancial lead by the final bend to win her second title in 27.92 seconds.
Foster, from Pulham Market, successfully defended his M65 60 metres crown with an emphatic win, in a season's best time of 8.39 seconds.
You may also want to watch:
Bettering last year's bronze medal in the 200 metres, he ran another season's best time of 28.34 seconds to take the silver medal.
Hindle and Foster will now be competing for Great Britain, at 60 metres, 200 metres and sprint relays, in the European Masters Championships in Ghent, Belgium in March.
- 1 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 2 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 3 Funeral directors flooded again as village hit by downpour
- 4 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 5 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 6 Town's Estate Agent offers to print school work for children during lockdown
- 7 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 8 Weather warning issued for icy surfaces
- 9 'Don't mix, shop online' - People urged to go beyond lockdown rules
- 10 Revealed: 13 new large vaccination sites to open in Norfolk and Waveney