A Precious moment to savour
Charlie Precious, who plays for Diss Rugby Club has been selected for the National Independent Schools Barbarians squad.
Year 13 student and head boy at Framlingham College, Charlie has been selected a part of the 40-player squad for 2011.
Charlie (pictured) will have the opportunity to represent the Barbarians against the Irish and Welsh Exiles and will be gracing sporting arenas such as Murrayfield and Cardiff Arms Park.
At the end of the season, Charlie could have the opportunity to tour Zimbabwe which he is relishing. He is a popular student at Framlingham College and is a key part of the rugby team where he plays flanker.
The key attributes to his game are his uncompromising tackling and his line-out jumping which he has developed with the help of Sport Director and rugby coach James Alvis.
Charlie is the current captain of the 1st XV which he has represented for the past three years.
He will also captain the College Sevens team this term.
- 1 New crafting event coming to East Anglia this summer
- 2 Man in court over hundreds of indecent images of children
- 3 Overcrowding fears sees council oppose town's affordable housing plans
- 4 Church school becomes latest to join growing academy trust
- 5 50-mile diversion in place as A140 set to close to repair damaged road
- 6 Fresh plans for controversial waste plant revealed
- 7 Contact tracing scammers return as Covid rates rise
- 8 Train evacuated after hitting horse on Norwich to Diss line
- 9 Threat of more rail disruption as Greater Anglia workers are to be balloted for strikes
- 10 Fears 'intrusive pylons' would surround market town
Charlie plays his club rugby for Diss in Norfolk and he trains twice a week along with regular trips to the gym and his dedication has paid off with selection for the prestigious Barbarians squad.
He has previously represented the Eastern Counties at U16 and U18 level.
Charlie hopes that one day he will have the chance to turn professional and if he keeps up his standard of rugby and with his fantastic attitude, there is no reason why he should not achieve his goals.