AFC Hoxne 12, St Clements 0

AFC Hoxne returned from the Christmas break and comfortably dispatched bottom of the table St Clements to move into the promotion places.

The game started with the home side well on top and the visiting keeper making a couple of early saves. The scoring was opened on 9 minutes when good work from Ryan Perry saw his shot saved well but the rebound fell for Reece Palfrey 2 yards from goal and although he did his best to miss the ball crept in the top corner to make the score 1-0.

The visitors to their credit came forward and almost drew level but a smart save from Richard Ferry kept the score at 1-0. It didn't take long for the home side to double their lead when a header from Harry Reeves released Ryan Perry and he out jumped the keeper and tapped the ball into the empty net to make the score 2-0.

The game was all but over in the 23rd minute when a sharp turn in the box from Jon Abbott resulted in a penalty being awarded and he stepped up himself and slotted it into the bottom corner to make it 3-0. The first half scoring was complete on 33 minutes when a good ball from Andrew Piper sent Russell Hockley through on goal and he composed himself before coolly slotting the ball into the bottom corner for his first goal for the club and to make the score 4-0 at the break.

Half Time Score AFC Hoxne 4 St Clements 0

The second half saw Hoxne play some good football and score some excellent goals to put St Clements to the sword. It was 5-0 after 51 minutes when Colin Mayhew skinned his man down the right and delivered a superb cross for the onrushing Jon Abbott to score a towering header at the back post.

The home side scored again minutes later when a excellent through ball from Jon Abbott was brilliant taken by Colin Mayhew and he tucked it away to make it 6-0. Hoxne scored again after 59 minutes when a good run from Nathan Ellis resulted in the ball breaking in the area for Jon Abbott and he delicately chipped the keeper to make the score 7-0 and complete his hat trick.

Most Read

The home side made it 8-0 on 67 minutes when a corner from Nathan Ellis was brilliantly turned in to the net by Russell Hockley at the near post for his second of the game. The match was very easy for Hoxne and they were creating chances at will and scored their 9th goal when a good cross from Colin Mayhew broke for Ryan Halil in the penalty area and his brilliant overhead nestled into the far corner to make the score 9-0.

The ball was in the net again on 76 minutes when Harry Reeves released Colin Mayhew and he squared the ball for Jon Abbott to tap into a empty net for his fourth and to make the score 10-0. With 5 minutes to go Mark Ismay found Martin Kent and he spun his man before curling a brilliant 25 yard effort into the top corner to make the score 11-0.

The scoring was complete in injury time when Hoxne awarded another penalty and the returning Max Lock confidently dispatched the spot kick to make it 12-0 and complete a comfortable win. AFC Hoxne Man Of The Match was Jon Abbott.