Allum hits out in style
David Allum hit two centuries in six days. The first came against Ajax III on tour from Holland. At 35-3 Stradbroke were in some bother against Evie Van Leeuven, a member of the Dutch Ladies national team.
David Allum hit two centuries in six days. The first came against Ajax III on tour from Holland.
At 35-3 Stradbroke were in some bother against Evie Van Leeuven, a member of the Dutch Ladies national team.
Allum and Simon Higgins put on a record stand of 190 before Higgins fell for 98. Allum reached his hundred with a six, then passed his previous best of 108.
Ajax batted out a draw but there was no such reprieve for Easton III on Sunday in the MSC League Section B.
A good pitch and fast outfield were all the invitation he needed to satisfy his hunger for runs.
An opening stand of 87 with Alan Barker saw his partner dismissed for 23. He then traded blows with Steve Warner (33), eventually falling for 104.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 'Metal monstrosities' - Opposition to new East Anglia power line grows
- 3 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 4 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 5 WATCH: Inside ex-Aviva office being bought for millions by councils
- 6 Norfolk MP's concern over new line of pylons
- 7 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 8 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 9 Road cleared after severe delays in Diss following vehicle breakdown
- 10 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
He then found time to hold two catches as Billy Freeman and Lee Bedwell ran through the home side.