Anglian Combination round-up
Beccles Town and Blofield benefitted in the Premier Division title race as leaders North Walsham lost 4-1 at Wroxham Reserves. A Ross Durrant brace and strikes from Daniel Boswell and Jamie George saw the Yachtsmen sail home as James Clifton replied.
Beccles Town and Blofield benefited in the Premier Division title race as leaders North Walsham lost 4-1 at Wroxham Reserves. A Ross Durrant brace and strikes from Daniel Boswell and Jamie George saw the Yachtsmen sail home as James Clifton replied.
The Angels have 35 points from 17 games while Beccles have 32 from 15 after their 3-2 win at St Andrews and Blofield have 29 points from just 13 games having won 2-1 at home to Hempnall.
For Beccles, Alan Remblance (2) and Jason Clarke were on target, Lee Mason and Alex Taylor replying for the Saints. Blofield's goals came from Danny McKail and Chris Stocker with Ben Player replying.
Fourth-placed Brandon drew 1-1 at Sheringham, Neil Edwards scoring for the visitors, Kristian Gleave for the Shannocks. Loddon in fifth spot won 3-1 at Dersingham through Gary Summons, James Marjoribanks and an own goal, Billy Overton firing Rovers' reply.
You may also want to watch:
Acle drew 1-1 at home to Spixworth, Nathan Thompson getting the home goal, Damian Didwell on target for Spixworth, while bottom outfit Sprowston Athletic won 6-1 at home to fourth-bottom Watton. Daniel Whitman (2), David Matthews (2), Tim Henery and Jonathan Large netted for Athletic, Kevin Bloomfield firing a brace for the visitors.
In Division One, leaders Norwich St Johns went nap against bottom side Sole Bay without reply (Darren Watson, Liam Blofeld, Matthew Racher, Graham Carr and Aaron Kay).
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 5 PlayStation, iPad and pottery classes bought with NHS budget
- 6 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 7 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 10 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
Second-place Long Stratton also hit five at home to Scole in a 5-2 result, James Barnes (2), Shaun Flint (2) and Adam Solley on target with Sean Burden and an own goal making up Scole's reply.
In third place, Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves lost 4-0 at Horsford (Darren Nichols 2, Mark Bailes, Scott McKinny) while Corton went down 2-0 at Bungay (Billy Davies, og) and Hindringham, through a Karl Pask strike, won 1-0 at Wymondham. Holt shared the spoils with visitors Wells, their goal coming from Matthew Warnes with Daniel Grocott scoring for the Seasiders.
Caister won 2-1 at home to Poringland, Nicky Crawley and Daniel Crane their marksmen with Jonathan Causton responding, and Stalham beat visitors Reepham 3-0 (Daniel Tindall, Adam Rowland, Darren Millar).