Angling for a bite offshore
Members of Diss and Eye Sea Angling Club travelled to West Mersea to fish for thornback rays, dog fish and cod. The weather was sunny but windy and they travelled out to fish about four miles offshore.
Members of Diss and Eye Sea Angling Club travelled to West Mersea to fish for thornback rays, dog fish and cod.
The weather was sunny but windy and they travelled out to fish about four miles offshore.
A total of 32 thornback rays, three cod and over 20 dog fish were caught.
Best catch of the day went to Paul Stow (Scole) with five rays and one cod, the biggest thornback rays were 10 and 11lbs.
You may also want to watch:
Runners-up were skipper Derek Mole with three thornbacks. David Newcombe (Tibenham) nine thornback rays and one cod, best fish 10lb ray. Craig Skinner (Stow) nine thornback rays. Colin Haddock (Thorndon) three thornback rays and two cod. Michael Thorndyke (Eye) two thornback rays and one cod, best fish 7lb ray.
Guest Samuel Thorndyke, age 10, from Bristol caught one thornback ray of 4lbs on his first fishing trip.
- 1 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 2 New head unveiled at high school with 'so much potential'
- 3 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 4 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 5 Extra police as pub gardens opening could coincide with Canaries promotion
- 6 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 7 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 8 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 9 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor