Angling for a bite offshore
Members of Diss and Eye Sea Angling Club travelled to West Mersea to fish for thornback rays, dog fish and cod. The weather was sunny but windy and they travelled out to fish about four miles offshore.
Members of Diss and Eye Sea Angling Club travelled to West Mersea to fish for thornback rays, dog fish and cod.
The weather was sunny but windy and they travelled out to fish about four miles offshore.
A total of 32 thornback rays, three cod and over 20 dog fish were caught.
Best catch of the day went to Paul Stow (Scole) with five rays and one cod, the biggest thornback rays were 10 and 11lbs.
You may also want to watch:
Runners-up were skipper Derek Mole with three thornbacks. David Newcombe (Tibenham) nine thornback rays and one cod, best fish 10lb ray. Craig Skinner (Stow) nine thornback rays. Colin Haddock (Thorndon) three thornback rays and two cod. Michael Thorndyke (Eye) two thornback rays and one cod, best fish 7lb ray.
Guest Samuel Thorndyke, age 10, from Bristol caught one thornback ray of 4lbs on his first fishing trip.
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 4 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 7 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 8 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 9 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk