Attleborough boxer Connor claims silver medal
- Credit: Jerry Daws/
Attleborough Boxing Club's Connor Holloway competed in the Senior Novice Under 56kg National Final at the historic York Hall, Bethnal Green on Saturday.
Holloway entered the ring with rapturous support from family and supporters to take on Doncaster Boxing Academy's Colliston Edwards.
In a battle of heart and minds both boxers pulled out crowd-pleasing performances.
After a slow start by Holloway in the first, both boxers caught each other with some powerful punches throughout the second, resulting in a very close round.
Holloway out-powered his opponent in the third and final round but it was not enough as a unanimous points decision went the way of Edwards. Holloway was disappointed but gracious in defeat and proudly accepted the silver medal.
You may also want to watch:
Head coach Jon Dennis said: 'Connor did exceptionally well. He has only been competing for a year so to reach the national final was a superb accomplishment.
'It was a close bout. Connor boxed well throughout the second and gave his all in the last round, landing some incredible shots, but it just wasn't his night.'
- 1 Bounce is back as new trampoline park opens in town
- 2 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 3 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 4 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 5 Life-saving defibrillator installed along historic Norfolk footpath
- 6 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 7 Call for caution as restrictions eased amid backdrop of 'perilous' variant
- 8 Lockdown easing LIVE: Norfolk and Waveney enjoys renewed freedom
- 9 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 10 Village road to shut all day for essential work