Attleborough boxer Connor claims silver medal
- Credit: Jerry Daws/
Attleborough Boxing Club's Connor Holloway competed in the Senior Novice Under 56kg National Final at the historic York Hall, Bethnal Green on Saturday.
Holloway entered the ring with rapturous support from family and supporters to take on Doncaster Boxing Academy's Colliston Edwards.
In a battle of heart and minds both boxers pulled out crowd-pleasing performances.
After a slow start by Holloway in the first, both boxers caught each other with some powerful punches throughout the second, resulting in a very close round.
Holloway out-powered his opponent in the third and final round but it was not enough as a unanimous points decision went the way of Edwards. Holloway was disappointed but gracious in defeat and proudly accepted the silver medal.
You may also want to watch:
Head coach Jon Dennis said: 'Connor did exceptionally well. He has only been competing for a year so to reach the national final was a superb accomplishment.
'It was a close bout. Connor boxed well throughout the second and gave his all in the last round, landing some incredible shots, but it just wasn't his night.'
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 4 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 5 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 8 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 9 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser
- 10 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021