Attleborough boxer Connor claims silver medal
- Credit: Jerry Daws/
Attleborough Boxing Club's Connor Holloway competed in the Senior Novice Under 56kg National Final at the historic York Hall, Bethnal Green on Saturday.
Holloway entered the ring with rapturous support from family and supporters to take on Doncaster Boxing Academy's Colliston Edwards.
In a battle of heart and minds both boxers pulled out crowd-pleasing performances.
After a slow start by Holloway in the first, both boxers caught each other with some powerful punches throughout the second, resulting in a very close round.
Holloway out-powered his opponent in the third and final round but it was not enough as a unanimous points decision went the way of Edwards. Holloway was disappointed but gracious in defeat and proudly accepted the silver medal.
You may also want to watch:
Head coach Jon Dennis said: 'Connor did exceptionally well. He has only been competing for a year so to reach the national final was a superb accomplishment.
'It was a close bout. Connor boxed well throughout the second and gave his all in the last round, landing some incredible shots, but it just wasn't his night.'
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 5 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"