Attleborough gears up for fight night
ATTLEBOROUGH Amateur Boxing Club is gearing the town up to stage its largest boxing event yet – one which will put the club and town firmly on the boxing map.
The forthcoming show, which is being held at the Connaught Hall, Attleborough on Saturday, March 5 is on track to stage a total 21 bouts, six of which will be Eastern Counties Semi–final Championship bouts with boxers coming from Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire and Essex.
Eye- catching bouts include Alfie Smith (All–Comers), and Kane Brunning (Kingfisher) who are both junior national title holders.
The winners of these bouts will go onto the Eastern Counties finals.
Twelve local Attleborough ABC boxers have also been matched and should be appearing on the card against boxers from Norwich Diamonds, Brentwood ABC, Lowestoft ABC, Northolt London ABC, Goldstar King's Lynn ABC, Eastgate ABC and Sandy (Beds) ABC.
You may also want to watch:
To top it all, Kyle Shaunnessy from the renowned Bridgewater, Salford Manchester club is matched against Luke Coppen from Brentwood ABC.
Attleborough ABC Matchmaker, Jon Dennis, is very pleased with both the step up in quality of the boxers appearing on the show and also the fact that all home boxers will be matched.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 3 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Mental health boss cleared of lying during inquest
- 6 Are we on the verge of a post-Covid mental health crisis?
- 7 Zoo gets £100k to help crayfish
- 8 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 9 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 10 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term
This will give them much needed experience and witness at first hand what is required to get to the top of the sport.
Tickets for the event priced at �12 are on general sale at Kissinger Estate Agents in Exchange Street, Attleborough (01953 454272) or direct from the club gym (01953 457329).
The boxing on the night starts at 8pm with the doors open at 7pm and spectators are being asked to arrive in good time to get a ringside seat for what promises to be a top- rate sporting event.