Attleborough hit goal trail to get campaign back on track
- Credit: Ian Burt
Attleborough Town recorded a welcome 5-1 home win over a struggling Loddon side in Division One of the Anglian Combination after a run of a draw and two defeats.
Matty Carr opened the scoring after 25 minutes after a fairly even opening, the striker notching his second in as many games with a classic body swerve before placing the ball into the bottom corner.
Despite then gaining the upper hand, the home side were unable to add to their slender lead before the break.
Early in the second period skipper Kieran Brown unleashed a trademark shot into the top of the net to make it 2-0, only for an instant reply from Loddon that put the game back in the mix.
On the hour mark a neat corner from Jack Flynn was deftly finished by Dan Whitman to make it 3-1 and then Flynn was back among the goals as he rifled in the fourth.
The scoring had still not ended there and the livewire Flynn was at it again as he crashed a right foot volley against the bar and there was youngster Liam Clayton calmly knocking in the rebound for his first goal for the club.
Boro are again at home this Saturday as they meet North Walsham in the first round of the Norfolk Senior Cup. Kick-off is at 2.30pm on the Rec.
- 1 Two vehicle crash on the A140 blocks traffic on major Suffolk route
- 2 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 3 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 4 Why Russian diesel is still on sale in Norfolk
- 5 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 6 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Obituary: 'Empathetic' social worker who cared for others her entire life
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
Wymondham Town maintained their excellent start to the season with a 5-0 win at Hindringham that made it 10 points from a possible 12.
Ashley Mitchell (2), Jason Armes, Ben Welham and Danny Pennell got on the scoresheet for the visitors, who are away to Loddon in the Norfolk Senior Cup on Saturday.
Norwich CEYMS and Harleston maintained their perfect starts in the Premier Division.
Harleston ran out 4-1 winners at home against St Andrews as Nathan Russell (2), Scott Roberts and Connor Delaney got their goals with Dan Whiting responding for St Andrews.
CEYMS are hot on their heels as Lewis Allen, Liam Mann and Daryl Delaney earned them a 3-1 win at home against Caister for whom George Barnden scored.
Long Stratton went down 2-1 at home to Acle for whom Steven Drake hit both goals to seal their first points of the season.
The game between Bungay Town and Cromer Town was postponed following the death of former Black Dogs player Aiden Lowe in a road accident the previous weekend.