Attleborough hit goal trail to get campaign back on track
- Credit: Ian Burt
Attleborough Town recorded a welcome 5-1 home win over a struggling Loddon side in Division One of the Anglian Combination after a run of a draw and two defeats.
Matty Carr opened the scoring after 25 minutes after a fairly even opening, the striker notching his second in as many games with a classic body swerve before placing the ball into the bottom corner.
Despite then gaining the upper hand, the home side were unable to add to their slender lead before the break.
Early in the second period skipper Kieran Brown unleashed a trademark shot into the top of the net to make it 2-0, only for an instant reply from Loddon that put the game back in the mix.
On the hour mark a neat corner from Jack Flynn was deftly finished by Dan Whitman to make it 3-1 and then Flynn was back among the goals as he rifled in the fourth.
You may also want to watch:
The scoring had still not ended there and the livewire Flynn was at it again as he crashed a right foot volley against the bar and there was youngster Liam Clayton calmly knocking in the rebound for his first goal for the club.
Boro are again at home this Saturday as they meet North Walsham in the first round of the Norfolk Senior Cup. Kick-off is at 2.30pm on the Rec.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 3 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 4 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 5 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 6 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 7 Revealed: 11 more coronavirus vaccination centres set to open
- 8 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow
- 9 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 10 Broadband firm pledges 'Herculean effort' in hyperfast roll-out
Wymondham Town maintained their excellent start to the season with a 5-0 win at Hindringham that made it 10 points from a possible 12.
Ashley Mitchell (2), Jason Armes, Ben Welham and Danny Pennell got on the scoresheet for the visitors, who are away to Loddon in the Norfolk Senior Cup on Saturday.
Norwich CEYMS and Harleston maintained their perfect starts in the Premier Division.
Harleston ran out 4-1 winners at home against St Andrews as Nathan Russell (2), Scott Roberts and Connor Delaney got their goals with Dan Whiting responding for St Andrews.
CEYMS are hot on their heels as Lewis Allen, Liam Mann and Daryl Delaney earned them a 3-1 win at home against Caister for whom George Barnden scored.
Long Stratton went down 2-1 at home to Acle for whom Steven Drake hit both goals to seal their first points of the season.
The game between Bungay Town and Cromer Town was postponed following the death of former Black Dogs player Aiden Lowe in a road accident the previous weekend.