Bartram wins Diss Golf Club Championship for third year running
- Credit: Archant
Diss Golf Club's Championships for ladies and men were held over two days in quite windy conditions, making play a bit tougher than usual.
It is one of the club's main golfing events of the year and as always was hotly contested. In the men's section 80 players took part and in the ladies' section 15 players entered.
At the end of play on day one in the men's section Charlie Stammers was the handicap winner after returning the best net score of 65. Matthew McGivern was the handicap winner on day two, also with net 65.
Peter Griffiths, however, was the overall handicap champion over the two days with a net total of 138.
The title of 2017 club champion after the two days play went to Chris Bartrum with a fantastic gross score of 139. This is the third time Chris has held this title, a great achievement.
You may also want to watch:
Sandra Bowman had the best net score of 75 in the ladies' section on day one and was handicap winner for that day. Ruth Ingram was handicap winner on day two with the best net on the day with 72.
However, by the end of the second day's play, the overall handicap champion over the two days was Katharine Allen with a net 152. The eclectic winner was Jenny Chamberlin.
- 1 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 2 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 3 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 4 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 5 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 6 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 7 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 8 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
The 2017 ladies title after the two days went to Kerry Enever with a good gross score of 176. Kerry was also the 2016 ladies. champion.
Club captain Paul Wright thanked the event organisers and congratulated all the champions.
The annual President's Day competition for ladies was played as a waltz format with teams of three made up of high, medium and low handicaps. Nine teams took part.
The weather was quite blustery but nevertheless the teams came in with very good scores.
In third place with 73 stableford points were Barbara Millier, Steph Mendham and Jane Fishwick, runners-up with 78 points were Jenny Chamberlin, Sandra Bowman and Louise Akers and the winners with a good score of 82 points were Carol Bourne, Becky Draper and Liz Speak.
The president, Peter Mendham, joined the ladies for lunch in the clubhouse before presenting the prizes to the winning teams. Peter was thanked for providing the prizes and organising an enjoyable day.