Bedwell claims a hat-trick
In the MSC Alliance Section B, Stradbroke A beat Southwold by seven wickets.After their promotion last year, Stradbroke A finally completed a match with a bloodless win at a very beautiful, if distinctly cold, Southwold.
In the MSC Alliance Section B, Stradbroke A beat Southwold by seven wickets.
After their promotion last year, Stradbroke A finally completed a match with a bloodless win at a very beautiful, if distinctly cold, Southwold.
No strangers to these conditions, home openers Tim Porter and Keith Pettman decided upon caution over extravagance, to the extent that only 42 runs came off 20 overs, with just Pettman dismissed by Steve Warner for 20.
Warner then took two more to finish with 3-9 off 10 overs.
You may also want to watch:
It would take something special to eclipse that as the bowling feat of the day, but that is exactly what Lee Bedwell did.
His first trick was to force Porter to hole out for 42.
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 9 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 10 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
David Allum took two wickets, Bedwell then clean-bowled two in two balls.
Vultures circled around the last batsman for the hat-trick ball, the pad was struck, the fielders appealed more in hope than expectation, up went the umpire's finger. Bedwell had done it. All that was left was knocking off the 96 runs required.
Allum batted through 32 overs for a noble 52, sharing stands of 34 with Stuart Taylor, 13 with Warner, 23 with Alex Fitchett, and finally 26 with Michael Hugman, to secure the points.
Southwold 95 (T Porter 42, K Pettman 20, L Bedwell 5-25, S Warner 3-9).
Stradbroke A 96-3 (D Allum 52no).