Bedwell claims a hat-trick
In the MSC Alliance Section B, Stradbroke A beat Southwold by seven wickets.After their promotion last year, Stradbroke A finally completed a match with a bloodless win at a very beautiful, if distinctly cold, Southwold.
In the MSC Alliance Section B, Stradbroke A beat Southwold by seven wickets.
After their promotion last year, Stradbroke A finally completed a match with a bloodless win at a very beautiful, if distinctly cold, Southwold.
No strangers to these conditions, home openers Tim Porter and Keith Pettman decided upon caution over extravagance, to the extent that only 42 runs came off 20 overs, with just Pettman dismissed by Steve Warner for 20.
Warner then took two more to finish with 3-9 off 10 overs.
You may also want to watch:
It would take something special to eclipse that as the bowling feat of the day, but that is exactly what Lee Bedwell did.
His first trick was to force Porter to hole out for 42.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Former children's shoe fitter feels 'very special' on turning 100
- 3 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 4 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 5 80 foot 'golf ball' radar tower rejected for Norfolk village
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 7 What a difference a year makes: Norfolk braced for yet more rainfall
- 8 50,000 more Covid jabs given out - but pace slows in region
- 9 'Don't suffer in silence' - Debt expert fears post-Covid crisis
- 10 Huge fire in scrapyard sees 11 fire engines descend on village
David Allum took two wickets, Bedwell then clean-bowled two in two balls.
Vultures circled around the last batsman for the hat-trick ball, the pad was struck, the fielders appealed more in hope than expectation, up went the umpire's finger. Bedwell had done it. All that was left was knocking off the 96 runs required.
Allum batted through 32 overs for a noble 52, sharing stands of 34 with Stuart Taylor, 13 with Warner, 23 with Alex Fitchett, and finally 26 with Michael Hugman, to secure the points.
Southwold 95 (T Porter 42, K Pettman 20, L Bedwell 5-25, S Warner 3-9).
Stradbroke A 96-3 (D Allum 52no).