Ben and Tiffany shine for Hawks
Hethersett Hawks/Swinton & Co took a squad of seven cycle speedway riders to Salford for the British Indoor Championships.
This fast and exciting form of the sport is very competitive and an intense programme with 20 matches over two days.
The best performances for the Hawks came from Ben and Tiffany Collins plus the junior team. Ben reached the U19 final despite a plaster on his arm and finished 15th while Tiffany scored 14 points to finish joint fifth in the women's championship. The team missed out on the final by just three points.
The Open team had a difficult semi-final lining up against five other teams including four 2010 Premier League sides.
Full results: U16 individual semi-finals - S Grimes 10 (11th), T Collins 9 (13th), Calvin Grimes 6 (15th), Carly Grimes 6 (15th). U19 individual final: B Collins 7 (15th); Calvin Grimes, P Adams and S Grimes eliminated in qualifying heats. Open individual semi-final: D Martin 5 (16th). Women's individual final - T Collins 14 (5th), Carly Grimes 11 (10th).
You may also want to watch:
Junior team semi-final: Birmingham 41, Poole 39, Wednesfield 38, Hethersett 36
(S Grimes 10, P Adams 10, B Collins 8, Calvin Grimes 8).
- 1 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 2 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 3 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 4 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 5 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 6 Locusts, vinegar cake and crocodile: 6 weird dishes served in Norfolk
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 9 American serviceman's legacy remembered through new war-inspired nose art
- 10 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
Open team semi-final: Horspath 67, Wednesfield 53, Birmingham 50, Stoke 46, Sheffield 43, Hethersett 31 (D Martin 11, P Adams 8, B Collins 6, S Grimes 5, Calvin Grimes 1).