Best times for Otters
ANOTHER swim meet, another pool, more personal bests and more medals. This time members of Diss Otters Swimming Club took to the cool water at the Breckland Leisure Centre for the Thetford Open.
ANOTHER swim meet, another pool, more personal bests and more medals.
This time members of Diss Otters Swimming Club took to the cool water at the Breckland Leisure Centre for the Thetford Open. This is always a popular open competition with some age groups having in excess of 30 competitors, however the Otters were not shy in their quest to swim fast.
So, how did they do? How did the Otters accumulate 68 team points throughout the day?
It took 68 individual swims in total. 62 percent of these were swam in personal bests which accumulated to a total of two minutes and 10 seconds.
The largest personal bests of the day came from Edward Budds with pbs of 22 seconds and 15 seconds in the 100m breaststroke and freestyle respectively and Jessica Nash and Katie Halmshaw who both achieved pbs in the 100m individual medley of eight and seven seconds respectively.
The Otters took home 21 trophies for their efforts, these went to, Jordan King (100m bc, 200m IM, 100m brst), Francesca Wallace (100m brst), Maya Harris (100m brst, 100m fc), Sophie King (100m brst, 100m bc, 100m fly, 200m IM), Katie Halmshaw (50m brst), Emma Halmshaw (50m brst), Ryan Hargrave (100m fly), Katie Nash (100m fc, 100m bc, 100m fly), Jessica Nash (50m fc), Abbie Webb (50m fc), Pippa Rice (50m bc, 100m IM) and Hannah Blades (100m bc).
- 1 Classic car show back this weekend with over 700 vehicles
- 2 Train evacuated after hitting horse on Norwich to Diss line
- 3 11 indulgent spa getaways in East Anglia
- 4 Fears 'intrusive pylons' would surround market town
- 5 Iconic Suffolk Punch foal born - and you can name her
- 6 Town puts on a show for the Armed Forces
- 7 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 8 War memorabilia to be displayed at Armed Forces Day in Diss
- 9 Threat of more rail disruption as Greater Anglia workers are to be balloted for strikes
- 10 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
Congratulations to the team of eight boys; Jordan King, Gwillam Lloyd, Edward Budds, Alexander Bartlett, Will Dickinson, Daniel Brooks, Ryan Waters and captained by Ryan Hargrave.
Well done to all 16 girls; Lauren Fountain, Ellen Nicholas, Abbie Webb, Sophie King, Hannah Blades, Pippa Rice, Kira Reeve, Katie Halmshaw, Emma Halmshaw, Kirsty Barker, Francesca Wallace, Ellie Sarson, Maya Harris, Jessica Nash, Nila Taylor and led by honorary girls' captain for the day Katie Nash.