Big competitions at Diss Golf Club are keenly contested
- Credit: Archant
Some 75 members turned out to play in the annual President's Day Stableford at Diss Golf Club. Scoring was very close, with winner Keith Hussey coming in with an excellent 41 points.
In second place on countback was Nathan Doe with 40 points, followed by Adrian Izod, also on 40 points.
Meanwhile Paul Wright's Captain's Day raised approximately £450 for East Anglia's Children's Hospices.
A stableford competition was held and 80 members took part. Thankfully the rain forecast held off until the competition was almost finished.
Luke Green was the overall winner with 43 Stableford points followed by Simon Palmer (42 points), Paul Elliston (41 points ocb) and Dave Mould (41 points).
You may also want to watch:
Katharine Allen was first in ladies' section with 38 points with Barbara Millier second on 37 points.
Paul expressed his appreciation for all the help he received from members on the day and thanked all who participated.
- 1 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 2 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 3 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 7 Council leader calls for 'zero tolerance' on abuse after MP's death
- 8 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 9 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 10 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021