Big competitions at Diss Golf Club are keenly contested
- Credit: Archant
Some 75 members turned out to play in the annual President's Day Stableford at Diss Golf Club. Scoring was very close, with winner Keith Hussey coming in with an excellent 41 points.
In second place on countback was Nathan Doe with 40 points, followed by Adrian Izod, also on 40 points.
Meanwhile Paul Wright's Captain's Day raised approximately £450 for East Anglia's Children's Hospices.
A stableford competition was held and 80 members took part. Thankfully the rain forecast held off until the competition was almost finished.
Luke Green was the overall winner with 43 Stableford points followed by Simon Palmer (42 points), Paul Elliston (41 points ocb) and Dave Mould (41 points).
You may also want to watch:
Katharine Allen was first in ladies' section with 38 points with Barbara Millier second on 37 points.
Paul expressed his appreciation for all the help he received from members on the day and thanked all who participated.
- 1 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 4 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 7 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 8 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 9 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 10 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'