Big competitions at Diss Golf Club are keenly contested
- Credit: Archant
Some 75 members turned out to play in the annual President's Day Stableford at Diss Golf Club. Scoring was very close, with winner Keith Hussey coming in with an excellent 41 points.
In second place on countback was Nathan Doe with 40 points, followed by Adrian Izod, also on 40 points.
Meanwhile Paul Wright's Captain's Day raised approximately £450 for East Anglia's Children's Hospices.
A stableford competition was held and 80 members took part. Thankfully the rain forecast held off until the competition was almost finished.
Luke Green was the overall winner with 43 Stableford points followed by Simon Palmer (42 points), Paul Elliston (41 points ocb) and Dave Mould (41 points).
You may also want to watch:
Katharine Allen was first in ladies' section with 38 points with Barbara Millier second on 37 points.
Paul expressed his appreciation for all the help he received from members on the day and thanked all who participated.
- 1 Norfolk teacher in national campaign for switching careers
- 2 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 3 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 4 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 5 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 7 Covid rates continue to slow but national deaths pass 100,000
- 8 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 9 Woman who sold stolen goods on eBay researched shoplifting online
- 10 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter