Big win for high-flying Attleborough
- Credit: Archant
Attleborough Town 5 Waveney 3
Anglian Combination Division Two leaders Waveney were the visitors as Attleborough looked to bounce back from the previous week's disappointing defeat.
It took just four minutes for Boro to open the scoring as Whitman did well to turn in the box and lay the ball onto Wright who plundered the ball home from six yards.
G Mann was then denied by a smart save by the Waveney goalkeeper as his header looked destined for the net. From the resulting corner, Whitman flicked the ball on, the 'keeper could only parry onto the head of Beales who nodded home from a yard.
Boro continued their dream start on the half-hour mark. G Mann picked up a loose ball and arrowed a 40-yard crossfield pass to the feet of K Brown. The winger then drove the ball home from the edge of the box to make it 3-0. It was four as another in-swinging M Brown corner was met by the head of Whitman.
You may also want to watch:
But the second half began in completely different fashion and a soft free-kick led to a Waveney goal. Seven minutes later, Boro were caught napping again as the winger bundled his way through and squared for the attacker to bundle home.
Wetteland was introduced and it didn't take him long to make an impact. K Brown produced a great run into the box and a rebound off the defender fell kindly to Wetteland who duly obliged and stroked the ball home.
- 1 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 3 Former children's shoe fitter feels 'very special' on turning 100
- 4 80 foot 'golf ball' radar tower rejected for Norfolk village
- 5 'Don't suffer in silence' - Debt expert fears post-Covid crisis
- 6 Big rise in Norfolk children being home-schooled
- 7 What a difference a year makes: Norfolk braced for yet more rainfall
- 8 50,000 more Covid jabs given out - but pace slows in region
- 9 Six TikTok teens get stuck in toddler swings
- 10 Norfolk Covid cases slightly up but below national averages
Five minutes from time and Waveney had another lifeline given to them, thanks to a penalty, which set up a tense finale, but Boro managed to hang on for the remaining few minutes to secure a vital three points.
On Saturday, Boro face another promotion rival when they make the trip to Sprowston Athletic.