Boro in control as their winning run continues at Scole
- Credit: PA
Attleborough made changes for the trip to Scole, with Brown, Flynn, Miles and Rivett in the starting line-up and Venables, Whitman and Thurston on the bench for what proved a 2-0 success.
Boro started at a good tempo but the final ball on many occasions was just going astray.
Scole were gradually getting a little bit more into the game, but the visitors were looking the more likely of the two sides to open the scoring.
Lovely link-up play between Dawes and Flynn saw Miles who hit a great shot, which just sailed over the home crossbar.
The opening goal finally came in the 37th minute. Wright played a through ball to ex-Scole player Flynn, who finished with a low strike which nestled into the far corner of the net, beating the Scole goalkeeper. Half-time arrived with Boro well worthy of their 1-0 lead.
You may also want to watch:
The second half started and Boro continued where they left off. Scole were looking for the long ball over the top of the Boro defence, which is all they really had to offer.
Boro were again putting pressure on the Scole goal and Miles looked as though he had doubled Boro's lead, but the effort was ruled offside.
- 1 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 2 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Mapped: How will the electoral changes impact you?
- 5 Search for Norfolk neighbours to take on Suffolk in food waste fight
- 6 No Norfolk Covid-19 deaths recorded for first week since September
- 7 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 9 Six things to see when Norfolk's museums reopen on May 17
- 10 'Honour of my life' - Former crime commissioner reflects on time in role
Matt Brown went off and was replaced by the returning Whitman, who linked up with Miles up front and Flynn was moved out on the left.
Boro were continuously putting Scole on the defensive and the second goal to really put the points safe finally arrived in the 75th minute. Kieran Brown played the ball to Flynn down the left. Taking on his marker, he cut inside, playing a one-two with Whitman, who composed himself and finished calmly past the Scole keeper.
At 2-0 to Boro, the game was then as good as won. The closest Scole came to scoring were a couple of half chances for Harry Browne and substitute Brendan Head whose shot hit the bar with five minutes remaining.
It was another great win which sees Boro's winning run continue.
Attleborough: Ducker, Snowling, K Brown, Beales, Smith, Wrighty, Dawes, Rivett, M Brown, Flynn, Miles. Subs: Whitman, Thurston, Venables.
This weekend Attleborough entertain Mundford on the Rec with a 2.30pm kick off.