Bowls: Busy time for Connaught
Connaught Bowls Club, Attleborough, have seen considerable recent action for all their short mat sides.
Connaught 'A' beat Connaught 'B 68-55 and 8-2 in a return derby match in the Breckland League. W Adcock 18-16 v A Marshall, S Parsons 22-14 v J Li-Rocchi, O Secker 9-18 v A Rush, O Allen 19-7 v R Ramm. Alison Rush for the 'B' led her all-female triple to a storming win, while Sylvia Parsons and Ollie Allen for the 'A' had solid wins. Alan Marshall for the 'B' was leading 15-8 after 13 ends against Bill Adcock, but his triple tightened to lose the match in a disappointing finish for them.
Connaught 'A' went on to another 8-2 win, this time by 70-61 at Hingham Green. O Secker 13-12, O Allen 10-23, W Adcock 25-14, S Parsons 22-12.
Connaught 'B' lost another close match in the Breckland League, 62-67 and 3-7 at Banham. Wymondham away in the County Cup was a step too far as they lost 23-70 and 0-8, but they did better at Sprowston in the Norwich Cup when going down 8-14 after surprising the strong City League side with a good start.
Connaught's South Norfolk side won well at home to Saxlingham by 67-42 and 8-2, but the Tens League side had a torrid time at Bob Carter in a 34-76 and 0-4 defeat.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 2 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 3 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Are we on the verge of a post-Covid mental health crisis?
- 6 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 7 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 8 Norfolk's police deal with sharp rise in mental health-related callouts
- 9 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 10 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu