Bowls: Busy time for Connaught
Connaught Bowls Club, Attleborough, have seen considerable recent action for all their short mat sides.
Connaught 'A' beat Connaught 'B 68-55 and 8-2 in a return derby match in the Breckland League. W Adcock 18-16 v A Marshall, S Parsons 22-14 v J Li-Rocchi, O Secker 9-18 v A Rush, O Allen 19-7 v R Ramm. Alison Rush for the 'B' led her all-female triple to a storming win, while Sylvia Parsons and Ollie Allen for the 'A' had solid wins. Alan Marshall for the 'B' was leading 15-8 after 13 ends against Bill Adcock, but his triple tightened to lose the match in a disappointing finish for them.
Connaught 'A' went on to another 8-2 win, this time by 70-61 at Hingham Green. O Secker 13-12, O Allen 10-23, W Adcock 25-14, S Parsons 22-12.
Connaught 'B' lost another close match in the Breckland League, 62-67 and 3-7 at Banham. Wymondham away in the County Cup was a step too far as they lost 23-70 and 0-8, but they did better at Sprowston in the Norwich Cup when going down 8-14 after surprising the strong City League side with a good start.
Connaught's South Norfolk side won well at home to Saxlingham by 67-42 and 8-2, but the Tens League side had a torrid time at Bob Carter in a 34-76 and 0-4 defeat.
- 1 Meet the TikTok stylist helping people discover their body shapes
- 2 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 3 7 Norfolk food and drink businesses expanding in 2022
- 4 Six fire crews tackle house blaze near Diss
- 5 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 6 Fuel spillage and crash caused delays along A140
- 7 Man who may pose risk to children could be in Norfolk or Suffolk
- 8 Fare dodgers and fraudsters pay £4m to Greater Anglia in 2021
- 9 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?