Bowls: Busy time for Connaught
Connaught Bowls Club, Attleborough, have seen considerable recent action for all their short mat sides.
Connaught 'A' beat Connaught 'B 68-55 and 8-2 in a return derby match in the Breckland League. W Adcock 18-16 v A Marshall, S Parsons 22-14 v J Li-Rocchi, O Secker 9-18 v A Rush, O Allen 19-7 v R Ramm. Alison Rush for the 'B' led her all-female triple to a storming win, while Sylvia Parsons and Ollie Allen for the 'A' had solid wins. Alan Marshall for the 'B' was leading 15-8 after 13 ends against Bill Adcock, but his triple tightened to lose the match in a disappointing finish for them.
Connaught 'A' went on to another 8-2 win, this time by 70-61 at Hingham Green. O Secker 13-12, O Allen 10-23, W Adcock 25-14, S Parsons 22-12.
Connaught 'B' lost another close match in the Breckland League, 62-67 and 3-7 at Banham. Wymondham away in the County Cup was a step too far as they lost 23-70 and 0-8, but they did better at Sprowston in the Norwich Cup when going down 8-14 after surprising the strong City League side with a good start.
Connaught's South Norfolk side won well at home to Saxlingham by 67-42 and 8-2, but the Tens League side had a torrid time at Bob Carter in a 34-76 and 0-4 defeat.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 2 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 4 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 5 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 6 Pubs and shops to open on Monday: what else can I do when restrictions are eased?
- 7 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
- 8 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 9 Prince Charles says royal family are 'deeply grateful' for public support following Prince Philip death
- 10 'Norfolk was a special place to him' - MPs' tributes to Prince Philip