Cliffe still in contention for championship
- Credit: Archant
Mulbarton's Tristan Cliffe went to Brands Hatch knowing that his F3 Cup championship rival Toby Sowery could clinch the title if he won both races and picked up bonus points for fastest lap. The full Grand Prix circuit at Brands Hatch is Tristan's favourite venue so he was hopeful of a good result.
Race One saw Cliffe make a good initial start after claiming his first pole of the season but the second phase of the start was not as good, allowing Sowery to take the lead and Henry Chart to dive up the inside of the first corner. Cliffe quickly found his way past Chart and set off after Sowery. The two traded fastest laps but it was Cliffe who eventually prevailed, just 0.1 second ahead of Sowery.
Race Two saw Cliffe make a mistake at the start, the car almost stalling on the line, but he eventually pulled clear to take his second win of the weekend 12 seconds clear.
The two wins mean that Cliffe is still in contention for the championship which moves to Silverstone in Northamptonshire in three weeks' time.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 4 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 5 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 6 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 7 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 8 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 9 More than 100,000 young people have received Covid jab in Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van