Cliffe still in contention for championship
- Credit: Archant
Mulbarton's Tristan Cliffe went to Brands Hatch knowing that his F3 Cup championship rival Toby Sowery could clinch the title if he won both races and picked up bonus points for fastest lap. The full Grand Prix circuit at Brands Hatch is Tristan's favourite venue so he was hopeful of a good result.
Race One saw Cliffe make a good initial start after claiming his first pole of the season but the second phase of the start was not as good, allowing Sowery to take the lead and Henry Chart to dive up the inside of the first corner. Cliffe quickly found his way past Chart and set off after Sowery. The two traded fastest laps but it was Cliffe who eventually prevailed, just 0.1 second ahead of Sowery.
Race Two saw Cliffe make a mistake at the start, the car almost stalling on the line, but he eventually pulled clear to take his second win of the weekend 12 seconds clear.
The two wins mean that Cliffe is still in contention for the championship which moves to Silverstone in Northamptonshire in three weeks' time.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 2 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 3 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 4 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 5 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 6 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 7 Locusts, vinegar cake and crocodile: 6 weird dishes served in Norfolk
- 8 Call for caution as restrictions eased amid backdrop of 'perilous' variant
- 9 American serviceman's legacy remembered through new war-inspired nose art
- 10 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos