Cliffe still in contention for championship
- Credit: Archant
Mulbarton's Tristan Cliffe went to Brands Hatch knowing that his F3 Cup championship rival Toby Sowery could clinch the title if he won both races and picked up bonus points for fastest lap. The full Grand Prix circuit at Brands Hatch is Tristan's favourite venue so he was hopeful of a good result.
Race One saw Cliffe make a good initial start after claiming his first pole of the season but the second phase of the start was not as good, allowing Sowery to take the lead and Henry Chart to dive up the inside of the first corner. Cliffe quickly found his way past Chart and set off after Sowery. The two traded fastest laps but it was Cliffe who eventually prevailed, just 0.1 second ahead of Sowery.
Race Two saw Cliffe make a mistake at the start, the car almost stalling on the line, but he eventually pulled clear to take his second win of the weekend 12 seconds clear.
The two wins mean that Cliffe is still in contention for the championship which moves to Silverstone in Northamptonshire in three weeks' time.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 7 Council leader calls for 'zero tolerance' on abuse after MP's death
- 8 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants