Collins-Read double has Scole United smiling
- Credit: Archant
Scole had to battle all the way for the three points at Yelverton, eventually edging home 2-1.
The visitors took the lead through a second half Chris Collins-Read header which Yelverton soon cancelled out.
The game was heading into the final minutes when Collins-Read managed to get a touch on a cross and Scole went home with all three points.
A hard earned win lifted Scole to fourth in Anglian Combination Division One and provided some confidence for the tough games coming up, starting at Bungay on Saturday.
In the CS Morley League Cup Scole Reserves drew 4-4 with Waveney Reserves before losing 3-2 on penalties.
You may also want to watch:
Trailing 2-1 at half-time (Matt Anderson) Scole levelled through Marcus Rolingson and took the lead through Tayler Pooley. Waveney equalised with the last kick and both teams scored once in extra-time, with Jordan Walters netting from the spot.
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 3 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 6 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 7 Tributes paid to farmer and WW2 museum curator
- 8 Hunt for man who chased girl and pulled knife on teenage boys
- 9 Mysterious boarded up cottage for sale for £200,000
- 10 'It seems to be a new normal' - 'Pingdemic' forces barbers to close