Collins-Read double has Scole United smiling
- Credit: Archant
Scole had to battle all the way for the three points at Yelverton, eventually edging home 2-1.
The visitors took the lead through a second half Chris Collins-Read header which Yelverton soon cancelled out.
The game was heading into the final minutes when Collins-Read managed to get a touch on a cross and Scole went home with all three points.
A hard earned win lifted Scole to fourth in Anglian Combination Division One and provided some confidence for the tough games coming up, starting at Bungay on Saturday.
In the CS Morley League Cup Scole Reserves drew 4-4 with Waveney Reserves before losing 3-2 on penalties.
You may also want to watch:
Trailing 2-1 at half-time (Matt Anderson) Scole levelled through Marcus Rolingson and took the lead through Tayler Pooley. Waveney equalised with the last kick and both teams scored once in extra-time, with Jordan Walters netting from the spot.
- 1 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 2 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Mapped: How will the electoral changes impact you?
- 5 Airborne enemies to meet once more at summer airshow
- 6 Search for Norfolk neighbours to take on Suffolk in food waste fight
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Six things to see when Norfolk's museums reopen on May 17
- 9 Lockdown to be eased: what else can I do from May 17?
- 10 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late