Collins-Read double has Scole United smiling
- Credit: Archant
Scole had to battle all the way for the three points at Yelverton, eventually edging home 2-1.
The visitors took the lead through a second half Chris Collins-Read header which Yelverton soon cancelled out.
The game was heading into the final minutes when Collins-Read managed to get a touch on a cross and Scole went home with all three points.
A hard earned win lifted Scole to fourth in Anglian Combination Division One and provided some confidence for the tough games coming up, starting at Bungay on Saturday.
In the CS Morley League Cup Scole Reserves drew 4-4 with Waveney Reserves before losing 3-2 on penalties.
You may also want to watch:
Trailing 2-1 at half-time (Matt Anderson) Scole levelled through Marcus Rolingson and took the lead through Tayler Pooley. Waveney equalised with the last kick and both teams scored once in extra-time, with Jordan Walters netting from the spot.
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan