Collins-Read double has Scole United smiling
- Credit: Archant
Scole had to battle all the way for the three points at Yelverton, eventually edging home 2-1.
The visitors took the lead through a second half Chris Collins-Read header which Yelverton soon cancelled out.
The game was heading into the final minutes when Collins-Read managed to get a touch on a cross and Scole went home with all three points.
A hard earned win lifted Scole to fourth in Anglian Combination Division One and provided some confidence for the tough games coming up, starting at Bungay on Saturday.
In the CS Morley League Cup Scole Reserves drew 4-4 with Waveney Reserves before losing 3-2 on penalties.
You may also want to watch:
Trailing 2-1 at half-time (Matt Anderson) Scole levelled through Marcus Rolingson and took the lead through Tayler Pooley. Waveney equalised with the last kick and both teams scored once in extra-time, with Jordan Walters netting from the spot.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Firefighters tackle Yaxley workshop blaze
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 5 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 6 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 7 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 8 'Power of the high vis jacket' - Out with town's Covid watchdogs
- 9 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 10 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse