Comfortable win for Mellis
A FOURTH win in succession has pushed Mellis near the top of the league.Mellis won the toss and subjected Hartest and Coldham to fielding in very warm conditions.
A FOURTH win in succession has pushed Mellis near the top of the league.
Mellis won the toss and subjected Hartest and Coldham to fielding in very warm conditions.
An early good scoring rate was maintained with Chris Farrant in excellent form.
He scored his second century in successive matches until being finally bowled for 110 when the score was 193-5.
You may also want to watch:
There were also useful knocks by Neil Spence with a typically aggressive 39 and Keith Arnold, who was not out on 24 when the innings closed at 238-6.
Hartest also started at a brisk rate but when top batsman Hodge was out after only making 11, Mellis were confident of winning.
- 1 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 2 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 4 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 5 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 6 Pubs and shops to open on Monday: what else can I do when restrictions are eased?
- 7 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
- 8 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 9 'Norfolk was a special place to him' - MPs' tributes to Prince Philip
- 10 Residents asked to leave sheltered housing with building's future in limbo
Although they were always up with the scoring rate required, wickets fell at regular intervals but a good innings by Atkinson who, in addition to claiming five victims behind the stumps, made 30 and an eighth-wicket stand of 46 by youngsters Hannan and Walton ensured Hartest made 153.
Splendid bowling by Barry Austin, 4-25 off six overs and good support from Dickee Morgan 3-60 off 10 overs, together with wickets from Tim Courridge, David Williamson and Adrian Scarratt however saw Mellis to a comfortable victory by 85 runs.