Convincing win for Magpies
Magpies II maintained their 100 per cent home record with a convincing 4-0 victory over Redbridge and Ilford. They played some of their best hockey to date but lacked quality in the opponents' circle to gain a more convincing victory.
Magpies II maintained their 100 per cent home record with a convincing 4-0 victory over Redbridge and Ilford.
They played some of their best hockey to date but lacked quality in the opponents' circle to gain a more convincing victory.
Magpies took an early lead through Will Harrison executing a short corner again into the top corner of the goal, for which Martin Fields provided a quality injection.
Magpies continued to dominate the first half and went close when Jamie Legg wiggled his way through five defenders around the top of the area and then forced a fine save from the Redbridge keeper. Duncan Steven came close as the half neared its end with a cross from Phil Cobbald but Duncan couldn't quite convert.
Magpies started the second half in a similar style with lots of flowing moves but they were unable to find the finishing touch. Eventually Sam Moore lifted the ball over the keeper into the roof of the net. A third goal quickly followed when a short corner routine went wrong but Martin Fields was alert and persistent and finished coolly.
The scoring was completed when Man of the Match Robbie Kinsella fired past the keeper from the top of the area. Redbridge applied some late pressure but Magpies' defence showed why it's the best defence in the league and kept a clean sheet.
- 1 New Lidl could create 40 'living wage' jobs
- 2 Two crashes in one hour in Pulham Market area
- 3 WATCH: Norfolk MP says PM birthday celebration a 'relatively minor offence'
- 4 Fast-growing audio-visual company snaps up another business
- 5 The battle of Bressingham... the village torn apart by energy scheme
- 6 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 7 Class A and B drug dealer jailed for more than two years
- 8 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 9 Ever fancied being a real life CSI? Now's your chance!
- 10 Six fire crews tackle house blaze near Diss
This result means that Magpies are now in clear second place with a trip to bottom of the table St Neots up next.