Cracking start for Harleston
Harleston Town 4, Loddon Reserves 2HARLESTON got the Anglian Combination Division Three season off to the best possible start by a win over a lively Loddon outfit.
Harleston Town 4, Loddon Reserves 2
HARLESTON got the Anglian Combination Division Three season off to the best possible start by a win over a lively Loddon outfit.
Town were soon ahead when Trudgill fed Fionn Goodwin Wright who finished well. Rob Goodwin kept Town in front with an excellent double save. Jake Imrie netted with a close-range header after good work from Kieran Passey.
After the restart Town began to attack at will, Goodwin Wright struck a post before firing the rebound over. Imrie looked to have seal the points with his second of the game, however Loddon immediately pulled a goal back. James Trudgill restored Harleston's three-goal cushion before the visitors pulled another goal back.
You may also want to watch:
Town will be pleased to have started the season with a victory in a game which they dominated but struggled to kill off. MoM: Jake Imrie, always a threat and sealed the points with cool finishing.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 3 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 4 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 10 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'