Cracking start for Harleston
Harleston Town 4, Loddon Reserves 2HARLESTON got the Anglian Combination Division Three season off to the best possible start by a win over a lively Loddon outfit.
Harleston Town 4, Loddon Reserves 2
HARLESTON got the Anglian Combination Division Three season off to the best possible start by a win over a lively Loddon outfit.
Town were soon ahead when Trudgill fed Fionn Goodwin Wright who finished well. Rob Goodwin kept Town in front with an excellent double save. Jake Imrie netted with a close-range header after good work from Kieran Passey.
After the restart Town began to attack at will, Goodwin Wright struck a post before firing the rebound over. Imrie looked to have seal the points with his second of the game, however Loddon immediately pulled a goal back. James Trudgill restored Harleston's three-goal cushion before the visitors pulled another goal back.
You may also want to watch:
Town will be pleased to have started the season with a victory in a game which they dominated but struggled to kill off. MoM: Jake Imrie, always a threat and sealed the points with cool finishing.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 5 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 10 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000