Cracking start for Harleston
Harleston Town 4, Loddon Reserves 2HARLESTON got the Anglian Combination Division Three season off to the best possible start by a win over a lively Loddon outfit.
Harleston Town 4, Loddon Reserves 2
HARLESTON got the Anglian Combination Division Three season off to the best possible start by a win over a lively Loddon outfit.
Town were soon ahead when Trudgill fed Fionn Goodwin Wright who finished well. Rob Goodwin kept Town in front with an excellent double save. Jake Imrie netted with a close-range header after good work from Kieran Passey.
After the restart Town began to attack at will, Goodwin Wright struck a post before firing the rebound over. Imrie looked to have seal the points with his second of the game, however Loddon immediately pulled a goal back. James Trudgill restored Harleston's three-goal cushion before the visitors pulled another goal back.
You may also want to watch:
Town will be pleased to have started the season with a victory in a game which they dominated but struggled to kill off. MoM: Jake Imrie, always a threat and sealed the points with cool finishing.
- 1 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 2 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 3 New head unveiled at high school with 'so much potential'
- 4 How will exam grades and primary school tests work this summer?
- 5 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 6 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 7 Cash For Charities: Win a share of £20,000 for your favourite good cause
- 8 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 9 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 10 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening