Crown Fire Central & South Norfolk League round-up
The final of the Ben Smith Memorial Cup, the league's premier cup competition, will be between Dereham Town A and their near-neighbours Yaxham on May Day Bank Holiday morning.Dereham A won 4-0 at Bridgham Utd and Yaxham ran out 3-1 home winners over Methwold Rovers.
Division One leaders Thetford Rovers Res beat Narborough 8-0 at home to open up a five-point gap at the top of the table.
Swaffham Town A are back up to fourth after beating bottom team Cockers 4-1, who are already relegated. Tacolneston beat Cranworth 8-1, Hingham Athletic won 3-1 at Great Ryburgh and Gressenhall and Rockland Utd had to settle for a point apiece from a 1-1 draw.
It is all change again in Division Two. The top two met and Morley Village came off best, beating former leaders Feltwell Utd by the only goal of the game to take over top spot.
Northwold S&SC beat Wymondham Town A 4-2 at home to move up to second place and Hethersett Athletic are third after their 5-2 home win over Sporle.
You may also want to watch:
Feltwell have dropped to fourth and Castle Acre Swifts are fifth following a 7-0 win at bottom team Hingham Athletic Res. Saham Toney Res beat West End 4-0 at home and Shropham Utd did likewise, beating Necton by the same score.
The Division Three leaders Thurton & Ashby were beaten 3-2 at Gressenhall Res while second-placed North Elmham also lost, by the odd goal of seven at home to Breckland Wanderers.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 3 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 4 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 5 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 8 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 9 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 10 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
Wendling in fifth spot were held to a 1-1 draw by Narborough Res while Bawdeswell were too strong for Great Cressingham and recorded a 5-2 home win to retain sixth place. The bottom two teams were both beaten at home - Rockland Utd Res went down 5-0 to Stoke Ferry while Shipdham Res were beaten 4-2 by Splitz Utd.
Mulbarton Wanderers Res continue to lead Division Four after their 3-0 home win over Tacolneston Res but they are being hard pressed by Diss Town A, who remain second as a result of their comprehensive 15-0 home win over Shropham Utd.
Third-placed Mattishall A were beaten 5-2 at Colkirk and Scarning are up to fourth after their 8-0 win at Nostro Res. Beetley Utd beat bottom club Dereham Cockers Utd 9-0 while the other two matches ended in draws.
North Elmham Res and Rampant Horse took a point each from a 3-3 draw and Weasenham Wanderers ended up 1-1 with Tugas Utd.