Only 18 league and cup games involving Anglian Combination sides were played on Saturday following one on Friday night.In the Norfolk Senior Cup quarter-finals, Mattishall won 1-0 at Loddon, Ben Lewis scoring in the clash between Premier Division sides, fifth from bottom Mattishall impressively going against the form book by beating their fifth-placed hosts.
Only 18 league and cup games involving Anglian Combination sides were played on Saturday following one on Friday night.
In the Norfolk Senior Cup quarter-finals, Mattishall won 1-0 at Loddon, Ben Lewis scoring in the clash between Premier Division sides, fifth from bottom Mattishall impressively going against the form book by beating their fifth-placed hosts.
A semi-final derby with Ridgeons Premier Dereham awaits Mattishall if the Magpies win tomorrow night's quarter-final tie against Gorleston.
In the Mummery Cup third round, Wroxham Reserves beat visitors Beccles Town 4-1, goals from James Bullman, Daniel Boswell, Shaun Howes and Ross Durrant answered by one from Jason Clarke.
In the Norfolk Junior Cup quarter-finals, Division Two Downham Reserves lost 2-1 at Catfield while Division Three outfit Foulsham impressed with a 3-2 home win over Gorleston Reserves who ply their trade at Ridgeons League level.
In the Premier Division basement clash, bottom side Sprowston Athletic registered their first win of the season, 4-2 against visitors Sheringham who, after winning the title last campaign, are now second bottom. Jason Armes bagged a brace for Athletic, for whom Lee Campbell and Jody Cork were also on target. The Shannocks' scorers were Thomas Grave and Andrew Gleave.
- 1 Country park to host jubilee picnic with street food, Pimm's and cream teas
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 4 Recipe: Make our Cherries Jubilee cake
- 5 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 6 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 7 Campaigners write to government over pylons plan
- 8 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 9 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 10 Street food, live music and fireworks planned for Diss Jubilee celebrations
In Division One, third-placed Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves won 3-0 against bottom side Sole Bay on Friday night (Wayne Twomlow, Paul Highfield and Rory French).
Saturday saw Bungay Town beat visitors Holt 2-1, Justin Doughty and Paul Bullen scoring for the Black Dogs with Billy Edwards replying.
Corton won 4-2 at Stalham with Tony Baxter claiming a hat-trick, Kevin Allman also scoring. Stephen Underwood and Danny Kindall replied for Stalham.