Day catches angling series
Diss Angling Club held the last in the Dead Bait Cup series of matches on Saturday, where the target fish has been pike.This year's series has been frustrating affair with matches cancelled due to floods.
Diss Angling Club held the last in the Dead Bait Cup series of matches on Saturday, where the target fish has been pike.
This year's series has been frustrating affair with matches cancelled due to floods.
Once again five anglers walked the track to Hoxne's match pegs and Bill Davies came away as the day's winner but lost the series to Barry Day, who claimed the series win.
Davies had to wait just 40 minutes for his only bait of the match and made no mistake in teasing his winning fish to the net. Davies claimed the win with a pike which weighed 7lb 7oz.
Second on the day went to Adrian Davies, who was close on the heals of his brother Bill but could not find that extra fish to push past the winning line. Adrian finished the day on 5lb.
Third went to Barry Day with his series winning fish of 4lb 8oz. Day finished on 10 points with Bill Davies in second with six points.
- 1 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 4 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 5 Campaigners write to government over pylons plan
- 6 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 7 Norfolk MP's concern over new line of pylons
- 8 Electric aircraft to take to the skies over Norfolk
- 9 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 10 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
Sunday saw Eye Pond's old side as the venue of the weekend's course match. George Wilby put everyone to the sword as his caster approach put him well ahead of everyone else.
Wilby ended the day with 17lb 15�oz. Second on the day was Mark Ling with 6lb 5�oz and Peter Wall came in third with 6lb 1�oz.
Diss Angling Club's annual meeting is being held at Diss Town Football Club. Meeting starts at 8pm on Thursday, March 26.