Day is top angler
DISS Angling club enjoyed their annul presentation evening and barbeque at the Waveney Holiday Park in Rushall .With around 50 people attending the evening went very well and £145 pounds was raised for a local charity.
DISS Angling club enjoyed their annul presentation evening and barbeque at the Waveney Holiday Park in Rushall .
With around 50 people attending the evening went very well and £145 pounds was raised for a local charity.
Diss AC thank all who made the evening as good as it was and a special thank you to Mr and Mrs Wall for the use of their grounds and for catering.
Eye ponds old side was the venue last Tuesday and Barry Day is making a habit of doing very well down there, when he came away with a win.
You may also want to watch:
Day finished with 13lb 8oz, Colin Lea made second place his own with 11lb. Third was Roy Johnson with 9lb 15oz.
The first Saturday outing of the season was down at New Waters Farm near Redgrave with 15 anglers turning out.
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 6 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 Train troubles in Norfolk after lorry hits overhead cables
Andrew Mears commanded on a day when finding bites was hard to come by. He managed 14 carp and a single roach for his final weight of 49lb 9oz.
Jason Rigby was second with a bag of carp and brought 30lb 4oz to the scales. Third was Robert Peak, 15lb 14oz.
Thirteen anglers turned out on the Mere in Diss for Sunday's match. Glen Orford took the limelight with his bag of roach which went 14lb 7oz.
Andrew Mears weighed in 13lb 14oz. Third was Simon Thompson with roach to 13lb 8.5oz.
There are still places left for Sunday's match at Carlton Fen. Noon draw, fishing 1 to 7pm. Call Andrew Mears on 07786041177 to book a place.