Day to forget for Tangerines
Diss Town Reserves 1, Great Yarmouth Town Reserves 12.DISS Reserves put in one of their weakest displays for many years despite taking the lead against Yarmouth Reserves at Brewers Green Lane.
Diss Town Reserves 1, Great Yarmouth Town Reserves 12.
DISS Reserves put in one of their weakest displays for many years despite taking the lead against Yarmouth Reserves at Brewers Green Lane.
There were seven changes to the previous team, with four players starting at this level for the first time. A lack of understanding of team-mates' play was evident for all to see as Yarmouth raced forward and scored at will.
Diss went close in the first minute and it was no surprise when they took the lead in the eighth minute. Tom Gray started the move inside his own half and found Clark Field, and his pass out wide released Keiran Nicholls to run and find Craig Tullis.
You may also want to watch:
He turned and played a fine ball into the path of Jake McDowall, who coolly slid the ball into the net from the edge of the penalty area.
Three minutes later, Mark Thompson equalised with a shot into the roof of the net from six yards out after Yarmouth pressure at a corner. Martin Goulder turned a cross from the right in at the far post to make it 2-1 in the 15th minute.
- 1 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 2 'It seems to be a new normal' - 'Pingdemic' forces barbers to close
- 3 Midwich sees profits leap 29pc in first half of 2021
- 4 Pregnancy, testing and natural immunity - your Covid jab concerns answered
- 5 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 6 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
- 7 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 8 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 9 Tributes paid to farmer and WW2 museum curator
- 10 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser
Three minutes later, Ben Lambert made the first of some good saves as he dived to turn a shot round a post. The long ball was catching Diss out and Vida Formoso raced away and rounded Lambert to make it 3-1 in the 22nd minute.
Three minutes later, Nick Riches sent over a free kick from the right and Nicholls headed against a post. It was to be the last chance for Diss in the match.
Goulder and Formoso added further goals before half-time. Substitute Lewis Greening scored five second-half goals (61, 76 and 78 minutes and two in added time). Liam Bartley (65 minutes), with Goulder completing his hat-trick in the 83rd minute, completed the scoring.
Diss team: Ben Lambert, Nick Riches, Tom Gray, Ray Barrett, Ben welsh, Clark Field, Terry Minshull, Euan Craigie, Craig Tullis, Jake McDowall, Keiran Nicholls. Subs: Wayne Collins (for Craigie, 61 minutes) and Julian Guest (for Nicholls, 54 minutes).
Diss Reserves have been drawn away at Hadleigh United Reserves in the Chell Trophy second round.
The match will be played on a Saturday in November.
Diss Town are without a game this weekend. Diss Reserves will be at home to Lowestoft Town Reserves in a league match on Saturday (kick-off 3pm).